New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Hunters Butcher or Hometown Butcher whatever you want to call it owned by a man named Kit should be put out of business!!! I brought a big buck there to be butchered and when I returned for pickup my rack was no where to be found. He either stole my rack or let someone else steal it, either way it is completely unacceptable. Racks were scattered about outside, this guy has no respect for us as hunters and his day will come. Please let me know if this has happened to anybody else. Here's a pic of the rack he stole from me.... Scumbag

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First time on this site. Only reason I joined was to let all the other hunters know what this guy is doing. What is an Al Jolson pic?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have taken deer to him and only got back maybe half the meat I should have. He was the only butcher I knew of when I first moved to Howell 14 years ago....Prior I went to a guy in Roselle and got a hug box of meat. Moved here and got 2 shopping bags............I now use Ely's in PA.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Call a CO

Reactions: osod20ga

·
Registered
828 Posts
I had same thing happen to me while i was there my rack went missing and acted like he had no clue but still argued with me about me paying $10 for a skull cap. Got back about 35 lbs of meat from my 170 lb pennsy buck then had the balls to ask me if i wanted to buy some deer jerky. I swear i couldnt make this poo poo kaka up. But i thought he got snagged by some co's a couple of years ago?

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
I went there once. He had a roadkill Fawn laying on the floor that someone was tagging for EAB. It stunk to high heaven.

Call F&W and tell them your Horns are missing. They will find them I'm sure.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sorry to hear of your deer, but you haven't been paying attention. My self and others have spoken about the deception of this man yet people still go to him. I sure hope you get your rack back, and now you too will warn others of him.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Some body probley stole your rack, he puts the racks in a box and ya gotta go thro it to find yours, I had a small 4 point I brought to him and I asked him where the rack was whene I went to pick up the meat, he said there all in that box, so I had to sift thro it to find mine, and there was some real nice racks in the box, I coulda took any one I wanted to, a'll never go back to him again, the only reason I been going there is he's only 10 mins from my house, never again, a'll find someone else

1 - 20 of 73 Posts