New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My feet suck. They always get cold. I have muck boots 3 pairs ( I love them but when I sit on stand they suck) . Looking for some recommendations for good stand boots. Going to PA in a few weeks and want a good pair for the all day sits. Tha

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I place hand warmers (not those thin feet warmers) in the toes of my boots along with wearing a pair of good wool socks which works for me. I used to have that problem with the cold feet.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I just picked up a pair of hearters 2000 gram thinsulate for 80 bucks at cabelas. Wore them this morning to break them in I'm as well going to pa. They where to warm lol

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I bought these last year when the snow and cold in January got too much for my other boots to handle. These are heavy - can't stalk in these or expect to walk too far. But great for stand hunting all day:

Cabela's Predator™ Extreme Pac Boots – Brown/Mossy Oak® Break-Up Infinity® : Cabela's

They are on sale now, but I know Cabelas just emailed out a 15 off 50 deal (and there are coupons floating around too). So you can get it cheaper. Also, they have a brown version of these (versus camo) for 10 dollars cheaper.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I bought these last year when the snow and cold in January got too much for my other boots to handle. These are heavy - can't stalk in these or expect to walk too far. But great for stand hunting all day:

Cabela's Predator™ Extreme Pac Boots – Brown/Mossy Oak® Break-Up Infinity® : Cabela's

They are on sale now, but I know Cabelas just emailed out a 15 off 50 deal (and there are coupons floating around too). So you can get it cheaper. Also, they have a brown version of these (versus camo) for 10 dollars cheaper.
These are what I bought too. Haven't used them yet but they seem like there going to keep my feet warm. My feet are also always cold.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Lacrosse aerohead, they're 1000 G. A lot also depends on what kind of sick you're wearing. Get a good wool sock by fits or smartwool in he hiking or hunting expedition weight

·
Registered
460 Posts
cabelas extreme pac boots are very warm. I also noticed that when I use the footrest on my stand it takes the pressure off of the back of my legs and it increases the circulation and that will also help with cold feet. Liner socks also make a big difference

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I researched the snot out of it last year. I found and bought Baffin Apex boots. They are by far, the warmest boot that i have ever worn.... And i have worn some highly rated boots. I recently saw that Cabelas is carrying them. Go read about them on their site.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
When it's super cold I fill my boot blankets with hand Warner's I take my boots off and put my feet in the boot blankets toasty warm.

·
Non Typical
2,265 Posts
Feet do sweat in Muck boots. I leave my Arctic Sport Mucks hidden by my stand and walk to it in sneakers. Change into them and sit all day. I have them one size to big so they don't touch up against my feet. No problem.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
You try the muck artic pro....their warmest boot? Nokian outlast trek boots are warm, the cabelas predator extreme pac boot is super warm.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Feet get cold first because the rest of the body is starting to get cold.

Eat a good bacon and eggs type breakfast will help fuel the furnace.

Gaitors and sometimes two wool hats and many layers of wool under the camo garb.

Feet need thick wool socks to wick moisture. Boots should be loosen a bit when sitting to increase blood flow. Sorrel pacboots are probably the warmest.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Been using Lacrosse Icemen pac’s for years, great ice fishing or sitting stand. With enough room to drop a heater pack inside if it’s that cold.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I have experimented with many boots through the years and never had any luck when temps get in the single numbers . This is when sitting in stand or on ground deer hunting. When you are not moving sitting for long periods of time . Than like Lady Bird I purchased the arctic shield boot blankets and they worked great . I wear my normal Sorels or Bog rubber boots in with Under armor sock as liner sock and smart wool sock .When it gets down to single digits bring the boot blankets slip them over regular boots when I get to stand site .Work great ,no more cold feet . Now I have not used any of these newer boots out but they look very bulky the more insulation . I have heard good things about the thermal cell heated liners but very expensive .

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for all the suggestions !!!! I have the artic shield insulators . Im going to bring them in with me and put my hand warmers in them and I should be ok. Im going to try it out this weekend while im bowhunting see how it works. Thanks for everyones help appreciate it!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a similar problem with cold feet, mainly because my feet sweat and then freeze when I stop moving. You need a pair of polypropylene wicking socks. Wool or some other material socks that don't hold moisture and are breathable. I recently started wearing lighter weight boots when walking and boot blankets when I get to my spot. Also, handwarmers in the boot and one of those thermacare heat wraps on your lower back and kidneys helps keep your body from restricting blood flow to the extremities, giving you cold feet and fingers. Keep your core warm and dress in layers. If you sweat, you freeze.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts