New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
new to the site,
I've got an old ward western field 22 LR tube feed and when I go to chamber a round (pull bolt back)
it spits out every round in the tube. anyone have any ideas on what's going on?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
455 Posts
It would help to know the model number and if this rifle is a semi-auto or bolt.

Mossberg made most of the semi-autos for Montgomery Ward. These models have a cartridge cut-off horseshoe shaped pin and spring. The pin itself is practically indestructible but could stick open if rusted or dirty.

Start with disassembly and cleaning then checking for worn or broken cartridge cutoff or spring. It should move smoothly.
You can Google up a parts diagram. If you need parts identify the model research to find who made it. Parts are available from Numrich (Gun Parts Corp).

Using high velocity rounds in these older Mossberg semi-auto rifles will give you no end of problems. I try to stick with 1080fps.

Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would help to know the model number and if this rifle is a semi-auto or bolt.

Mossberg made most of the semi-autos for Montgomery Ward. These models have a cartridge cut-off horseshoe shaped pin and spring. The pin itself is practically indestructible but could stick open if rusted or dirty.

Start with disassembly and cleaning then checking for worn or broken cartridge cutoff or spring. It should move smoothly.
You can Google up a parts diagram. If you need parts identify the model research to find who made it. Parts are available from Numrich (Gun Parts Corp).

Using high velocity rounds in these older Mossberg semi-auto rifles will give you no end of problems. I try to stick with 1080fps.

Good luck

Good luck
thanks, its a bolt action model 04M 495A 22 S-L-LR
i found a broken piece on it last night so now i just need to see if i can find some parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, its a bolt action model 04M 495A 22 S-L-LR
i found a broken piece on it last night so now i just need to see if i can find some parts.
the spring for the cartridge cutoff is broken, do you know where i could get a diagram of this model?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This should be a Mossberg 45A clone.

Numrich has some parts including the cartridge stop at: www.gunpartscorp.com/products/260340A

eBay lists a cartridge stop spring at:

Numrich has some parts including the cartridge stop at: www.gunpartscorp.com/products/260340A

, post: 3935451, member: 36557"]

[/QUOTE]

Thank you ChenCaerulescens i really appreciate your time and input on this, i did find and order the part , but not 100 on the reassembly is why I am looking for an exploded view of the trigger assembly, I have still not found one, with you saying it should be a mossburg 45a clone may help me with that.
thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
, post: 3935451, member: 36557"]

Thank you ChenCaerulescens i really appreciate your time and input on this, i did find and order the part , but not 100 on the reassembly is why I am looking for an exploded view of the trigger assembly, I have still not found one, with you saying it should be a mossburg 45a clone may help me with that.
thanks again.
[/QUOTE]
ok i found a cross reference and it crosses to a Mossberg 45B

1 - 8 of 8 Posts