New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
If you are looking for something in the price range of the mossberg then I would suggest looking at the Savage's and Weatherby Vangard/Howa 1500. You could also look at the stevens 200 (an older model savage 110) it should come a few $ cheaper. The mossberg rifles are a crap shoot. I've heard a lot of bad reports on them and some good reports. They are the old raptor rifle (bought by mossberg) and the raptor was a huge failure. The newest mossberg 4x4 or whatever they are calling it is an upgrade and had dealt with some issues of the ATR series but they are also more expensive. For out of the box accuracy in that price range a savage will be hard to beat.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
You have several options that are all good ones in that price range.
Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic
Tikka T3
Savage 111
Remington 770
Any of these can be had for under or around $500. The remington even comes with a scope.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
*Especially* since you are looking for bolt action centerfire accuracy, I might look for a used, known quality gun such as a 700, if your budget is tight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.