New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My good friend is coming up from VA next sat and I wanta bring him out for blues and fluke. I usually go to the raritan bay with my boat but havnt heard great reports there in the past couple weeks. any suggestions where to go? id concider barnegate bay also but I think thats gona be mostly weak fish and fluke. id like to get him into sumtin with alittle fight to it. any fishing reports or suggestions feel free...........

·
Registered
331 Posts
i would go on a night trip for blues, thats usually when the biggest badest ones get caught

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i know thats agivin. but Im gona take my boat out just dont know where to go[wallmad]...theres always the raritan bay for fluke i guess

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Go out of Brielle and get on the Jamaica

·
Registered
15,556 Posts

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea the thing is once u have a good bay boat u kinda dont wanta go on a head boat and deal woth a buncha guys who have no clue what they are doing. sometimes u get luckey and get a good crowd that knows not to chum bait on the wrong side of the boat or jug on the chum side not to tangle everyone the hell up. any way id rather take the bay boat out so i dont have to deal with that mess. thabks for the info guys. i night hit the rocks and c whats goin on over there od just drift thru the bay lookin for some fluke, maybe i can find some blues at the change of tides somewhere

·
Registered
159 Posts
take him on a tuna fishing trip. That is the only thing that will give you a fight this time of year. You can do a bluefish trip but the only thing you will catch is 1-3lbers(bring freshwater rods and reels if you do that.)

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Go on a head boat of out of Belmar on a weekday night. They leave at 730pm. The Golden Eagle was always good as far as crowds went

1 - 15 of 15 Posts