New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I am in Clifton.
Talk to Andrew at Tightlines Flyfishing in Pine Brook on Route 46 W. He gives casting lessons and plans fishing trips (salt/fresh) which is a great way to learn. Also you may want to consider joining a flyfishing club especially if you want to pursue saltwater flyfishing. This will help you learn faster without burning endless amounts of fuel going to the shore and getting skunked. Good luck. [up][up]

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Tight Lines is easy to get to off Rt. 80 West. Call the shop and talk to John or Drew for directions. They have tons of gear and more info then you could ask for. Check out the web site. I use to live in Wallington and could be there in 20 minutes flat.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
GVS is right, you dont need to get caught up in tons of gear. My buddy bought me fly rod for xmas, one of those 80 dollar setups that comes with basiaclly all you need. I opened it up assemebled the rod and stopped at stokes sport shop up by me to see what flies to use. I picked up a few and headed out to the flatbrook, i decicated a whole day to getting used to the technique and watching others, 9 hours later i had caught 4 trout. haha long day but very rewarding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.