New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try out duck hunting, i live in toms river, anyone up for a late season hunt in january before the season ends on the 24th?

Ive never tried it, what do I need besides the license and the shotgun??

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Stamps and non-lead shot.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do I need a boat? or can I go somewhere on shore? I live within minutes of island beach state park where they have sedge islands.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
drome if i can kill a buck id like to do the same thing i think you need a boat but you could try the manahawkin wma from shore i'v been in that area small game hunting and kicked up a few duckss but if your doinging coastal you need a boat i'd say try out in the colliers mills area lots of small ponds out their as long as theirs no ice
ps i'd start looking for my sping turkey spot out where you hunt now that the land next to you is clear you should have some real good sign by you if you need any help just ask i think you will have a good spring john

·
Registered
942 Posts
Denny I went friday and sat..I would have called you but I knew you were going to them partie's..we did very well............:p sorry , next time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.