New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder for anyone who is thinking about trapping...Now is the time to get registered for the course.
Even though the price of fur is down...Now is an excellent time to get started, as there are lots of critters out there to be caught !
I saw two different Coyotes in the last two days !
I'm trying my best to keep the predators under control but I could use some help !
Trapping gives you something to look forward to EVERY morning....

It's just like Christmas every day.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[up][up][up] i am ready to start trapping! just need to take the class! looking forward to it

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
i just started last year i love it the only thing is its a lot of work i got 4 fox,and some racoons

here is a fox i got

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I am going to register for the course as soon as they post the damn thing on the website I've been checking 1-2 times per week for it since May! From what I understand, the September class at Hackettstown will be a weekend and the two in October will be a Thursday/Saturday. Is that correct? I may do the October class so that I don't have to miss a weekend of early bow season.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
i would love to start trapping. When is the course sign up and can you help me get started?

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I am going to register for the course as soon as they post the damn thing on the website
Same here!! ******* posted the dates, but I forget what they are offhand. I'm sure he'll post when he sees this thread. [hihi]

GG, your pics are one of the main reasons I want to start trapping. So thank you!!

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/trapping_info.htm

Click where it says 'Registration website' and get registered. Then it is my understanding that you will be notified when a class is schedueled in your area.
I never had to take a trapping course, since I started back when the trapping license was included with your hunting license.(many moons ago).
And it has been almost 25 years since I took the snareing course.

Even if you never set a trap/snare ...the course is interesting and educational .

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
GG is right. Everyday is like Christmas. It's a lot of work for a little pay, but you will find, you won't do it for the money if you love it. If you want to become a better hunter, become a trapper. Trapping teaches you to look for the small stuff. A half a track in the mud by a creek, the faint trail you can barely notice. They will teach you this in the classes. Once you learn what to look for as a trapper, deer sign and such will look like an elephant walked through the woods. LOL.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Click where it says 'Registration website' and get registered. Then it is my understanding that you will be notified when a class is schedueled in your area.
I think you need to wait until they post the class before you can sign up. I'll just keep checking until they get posted. Thanks for the info gg.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
i clicked the link and cant find exactly where to register...any help?

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Follow the links just as you would if you were to purchase a permit or license but click on the link for the hunter education course.
Scroll to the bottom and you will see where to register for the course...Unfortunatly, It states that there are no classes currently schedueled.
Grits N Gravy knows his stuff ;) [up]

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.