New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was practicing in the yard and talking to the mrs not watching my form. I put some ice on it, all you can do right? Its hard

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Could mean your draw length is a little too long if it happens often.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Consider it a right of passage. There aint a bowhunter on here that hasnt done that. Mine usually come up as blood blisters.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
throw an STS on that bow and will help that from happening.its a rubber stopper on a stabilizer bar. it will keep the string from flexing past the start point.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Consider it a right of passage. There aint a bowhunter on here that hasnt done that.
Whipped out the recurve for a few shots the other day, and whack!! My tattooes covered my blood blisters!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
. I put some ice on it, all you can do right?
That and wear long sleeves! [drinking]

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
You most likely hit your arm due to a cocked wrist and poor arm alignment when shooting. A very common error. When the bow is properly gripped you will not hit you arm anymore. The best way I can try to explain this is that you cock your wrist back when holding then grip forcing you arm forward where it gets hit with the bow string. Try holding you elbow slightly bent and keep you wrist from bending backwards as you draw and hold. This should correct the problem. Hope this helps, good luck!:D

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Better have that arm im good shape to haul those stripers in next week.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
If you think that sucks, wait 'til you hit the black and blue with the string....[cry]

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Damn Vin, that's a hell of a mark you got there. lol Ice is def all you can do, and not talk to the old lady when shooting. [hihi]

·
Registered
17,068 Posts
OUCH!! [eek] Good luck next time. ;)

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I see your playing with your new toy.[hihi] That'll happen. I don't shoot year round and it almost always happens to me the first time I practice in the summer. Just a subtle reminder to watch my form. I correct it and it doesn't happen again ('til next season at least)...lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts