New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought my sons down to VA today to do some deer hunting and to help my parents out with some home maintenance. After a lengthy nap, my oldest son decided to hunt down in the nasty swamp where very few hunters dare to tread. My other son and I stayed on the upper part of the swamp. There were other hunters out on adjoining properties hunting deer with dogs and we were hoping that they would push deer to us. We did not see any deer until right before dark when, my oldest son took an off hand 100 yard shot at a doe. He dropped her in her tracks. The bullet took her heart out. He was using an AR-15 300-AAC that my dad had built. Pretty neat deer rifle. That was the first deer that my son had shot in three years and the first deer ever shot with that gun. So, we have two more days down here to shoot some more. It was a pretty good day had by all. Here's a photo.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. He was pumped last night. We just got back in from this morning's hunt. Did not see any deer but, we'll be back out this afternoon in the rain. I'm going to put my hip boots on and push the big swamp. Hopefully, he'll get a shot or two.

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Nice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts