New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a small clip with a couple NJ deer the other night .

This is with my homemade video unit in nightshot mode with a 140 IR LED board to help see at night . The battery was low since I had the sensitivity turned up to high and it picked the snow fall up and triggered the cam to start . I had an hour of footage at night with nothing but snow in it .

Enjoy VIDEO LINK HERE

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dragthor ,

I have a few Sony P41s on there way here . When they get here I am going to do a step by step picture how to on it . When I am done I will upload pictures and links to my site . When I am done I will e-mail you a link to the site .

Don

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
DblLunger

I was checking out the pix controller pir's..It looks like to me that there pir's are all set.all you have to do is modify what ever cam your using and mount it in a case.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
On the digital cams that you use can you check the pictures in the field right on the camera?? Or do you have to take the memory chip out and download it to your PC?

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The PIX board is ready to do when you get it . The days of buying a sensor and building your own with a timer chip and all is about done . Just not worth it now since you can buy a board ready to go .

With the digital cameras you can check your pictures right then and there . Deleat the ones you dont want and keep the ones you want . I take another memory stick and batteries out with me . Check the cam and if it has alot of pictures I will switch the stick and bring it home with me .

Once you go digital and use rechargable batteries your done buying ! No buying film etc .

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
yea it seems like the way to go..Ill have to start keeping my eye out on e-bay for cameras..what models do you suggest??

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First choice Sony P41 ( around $160 )
Second choice Sony P32 ( around $ 140 )
Third choice Olympus D-380 ( around $125 )
Last Olympus D-370 ( around $100)

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Sorry, just got media player at work so I am going back and looking for all the videos that were posted. Nice video DL

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
DL PLease do more video's, they are really kool to watch. Also what is the cost of putting together a video & trailcam? I could really use 2 of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts