New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gonna get the Sony Vegas... But now i am leaning towards Pinnacle studio 12... Doing nothing major Just Starting out. I want something that i can grow into. But not outgrow so fast.. Pinnacle has lots of Teaching software and online teaching videos. Heard Vegas is Good but very challenging to learn. I have already outgrown my Windows Movie maker. Thats just not gonna cut it. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
adobe premier i like it alot..and its cheap

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I'm guessing your doing Winda's, so if your just learning use their included Movie Maker, nice program for not having to purchase something extra.
Mac's IMovie 09 is great, if you use a Mac.
No matter what you use, I'm warning you, it's very addicting.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Windows is what i am using. windows movie is Just not as advanced as i want. Very nice program for vaction videos or for kids to play around with... I like Pinnacle it seems to have a ton of transitions and great titleing built in. also Windows Movie has no built in sound or music.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
If you want to really edit well there will come a time when you have to make the investment. There are lots of cheep editing software programs out there but you are usually very limited as to what you can get out of them. Of course if you want to become an outdoor video editor, any program is better than none but when you can do it I recommend Final Cut Pro and the Avid Systems. I have both but have done most of my editing on Final cut Pro. I also use additional programs such as Boris for extra neat effects. When you really get crazy, audio programs such as Sound Forge also help you to create a total professional video but be fore warned. There are learning curves to all these programs Even though these programs will cost you a good investment, it is far better than years ago when only professionals with deep pockets could afford programs like these now, they have become within the reach of lots of want to be out door video producers.If you become good at editing, there are many people out there who are willing to pay you to edit video for them so you might even make a few bucks along the way. Good luck to everyone who is trying to become an editor. Once you get into it you will have lots of fun!:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.