New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I donated several deer to HHH last year, lost my job in September of 2011 but I got lucky and found another job at the end of November... it is tough out there and the food banks are in need of donations, being out of work for 2 months didn't stop me from donating, I got a sponsor to help out for a good cause!

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Im sure there are hunters out there that dont know where to start if they want to donate meat.
I'm all for hunters helping the hungry, but there are also plenty of fellow hunters right here on our site that would also deeply appreciate a donated deer and your gift to them doesn't ever have to be made public. If you're on here enough, you know who's out of work and who could use a hand once in awhile. A private pm between two hunters is as far as it ever needs to go.

By The Way, Great Job Field Archer [up][up][up]

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
nice video.

tried to donate last year down south. no place to take it. state was screwing with the butcher trying to get into HHH

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there are also plenty of fellow hunters right here on our site that would also deeply appreciate a donated deer and your gift to them doesn't ever have to be made public.
Maybe under Hunting have "Hunters Donating", hunters that want to donate during the season can post here, maybe break it down to north, central and south jersey, like you said, members looking for venison can PM the members looking to donate???

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I think Runum already set up a thread with people willing to donate and our locations, but I'm not sure if the thread was ever made a stickey or not.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think Runum already set up a thread with people willing to donate and our locations, but I'm not sure if the thread was ever made a stickey or not.
Nice! Sharing venison is the other great part of hunting![up][up][up]

·
Registered
121 Posts
Great job on the donation Sam, but I never could find the money to pay for the butchering. But I did find out that Newton High School does the butchering for free. All the agriculture kids do it, then donate the meat to the local pantries. Not trying to steal the show but I sure don't have the $60 to spend on donating the deer.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But I did find out that Newton High School does the butchering for free. All the agriculture kids do it, then donate the meat to the local pantries. Not trying to steal the show but I sure don't have the $60 to spend on donating the deer.
JB, your not stealing the show, that is awesome and I was not aware of that, if I get another deer to donate I will take it to Newton HS, sounds like it is helping the kids with school too... since I have the checks already written out to HHH, it will just be more money donated to the program. Thanks for the heads up![up][up][up]

·
Registered
121 Posts
I went to school there and my hunting club has donated some proceeds from our Venison dinner to them in the way of giving them a grinder one year and then a smoker this past year. A retired teacher is always in contact with them from our club and he told me that they don't charge because the kids butcher the deer. I've always been reluctant to donate because I don't have the money to pay for the donation. I always felt that is something that holds this program back immensely. But once I found that out, I always recommend Newton HS. Granted I did graduate from there also is a plus. Never met the ag teachers but I've always heard great things about them. I looked at HHH website and that's the main reason they want you to call before donating because the teachers are only there at certain times. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I went to school there and my hunting club has donated some proceeds from our Venison dinner to them in the way of giving them a grinder one year and then a smoker this past year. A retired teacher is always in contact with them from our club and he told me that they don't charge because the kids butcher the deer. I've always been reluctant to donate because I don't have the money to pay for the donation. I always felt that is something that holds this program back immensely. But once I found that out, I always recommend Newton HS. Granted I did graduate from there also is a plus. Never met the ag teachers but I've always heard great things about them. I looked at HHH website and that's the main reason they want you to call before donating because the teachers are only there at certain times. Good luck.
That is awesome, JB. Thanks for the heads up, Newton HS is probably closer for me too![up][up][up]

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wondering where the peanut gallery is on this thread?[sleep][sleep][sleep]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts