New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Lamatt 9 shot revolver with a 20GA shotgun. Saw this on Pawn Stars and had to check it out. Suppose to be the Holy Grail of Civil War weapons. Imagine a one on one shoot out, the Union guy finishes his six rounds from his Navy Colt, and the Reb has nine plus a 20GA, grapeshot, shotgun. Ut oh! I love Civil War history, but I never hear of this before. Here's a pic and the link below has some GREAT pics close up of the first line of production. The Yanks turned it down. Only 2900 were ever made.

http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/civilwarantiques/lemat.html

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Original on Pawn Star outside expert put it at 13K to 18K depending on condition.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know about the N/S Skirmish Association. Would love to get involved but just no time and right now I'm in a crush to get logistics worked out for this job. But I have looked at it and it looks great. My brother is a long time CW Re-enactor, I forget the regiment 5th New hampshire?? But he lives in Jersey.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I have first heard of the Lemat in the Deathlands novels. It really is a neat revolver.

The one in the pic is the cartridge version that was made after the war.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
It was intended to be a cavalry weapon--note the rings on the grip AND the frame.

Swing the saber during the charge, shoot the pistol once you overrun their ranks, and if all else fails, shoot the Yankee with a load of buckshot as your infantry shows up. [hihi]

Cabelas had them in their shooting catalog last year.

·
Registered
10,464 Posts
The 1st photo in your post is a European copy of the pattented LeMat design (probably manufactured in Belgium)

Here's a picture of the original design by Col. LeMat

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.