New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, how many guys prefer venison over beef. I'm not crazy about venison, but will eat it and none goes to waste as my entire family eats it, nothing like a Delmonaco for me. I admit, I'm more or less a hunter for the sport.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
i prefer venison [up]love it

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Venison is better when cooked right.

At high end restaurants venison plates cost more than beef- except Kobe...but a nice little fawn, spotted preferred, will match the Kobe.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Venison is amazing when prepared correctly. The problem with a lot of venison recipes is that they're complicated, and/or use ingredients that the average house does not keep in stock. There's a cookbook out there called 'Oh, Deer'....which is out of print, but copies can be found on the internet. It's got a bunch of easy to follow, family-friendly recipes....even some 'kid friendly' ones...get a copy...you'll be surprised at how you can get your family more interested in eating venison

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Venison is not only tastier if cooked right, It's better for you. I've worked on dairy farms and seen the beef that gets shipped to market.

As far as venison goes: My preference is Moose, Then Caribou, with Elk running a close second and then Deer (Whitetail). Mule Deer and Antelope are my least favorite.
My most memorial piece of meat was Elk loin we had, cooked on an open fire in a skillet with lots of butter, sliced onion and pepper, after eating M.R.E's every night for nearly a week in the mountains of New Mexico. YUM-YUM.[tasty][tasty]

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
You're asking a "pork or chicken" question as far as I am concerned. (or blondes or redheads[hihi])

Yes, like 'em both!

Proper preparation is the key.

I have some very easy venison recipes that are great. Keep it moist, keep it rare, and for God's sake, get it out of the field and into the freezer in GOOOOOODDDD condition. (Garbage in, garbage out, as they used to say in computers)

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
You're asking a "pork or chicken" question as far as I am concerned. (or blondes or redheads[hihi])

Yes, like 'em both!

I have some very easy venison recipes that are great. Keep it moist, keep it rare, and for God's sake, get it out of the field and into the freezer in GOOOOOODDDD condition. (Garbage in, garbage out, as they used to say in computers)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
the venison you have in a resturant is nothing like the venision you and i shoot . And the price is jacked up being it is mostly imported from europe. Scottish farm raised venision is un real . USA gets venision from all over. I just love the scotts deer.

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
prime dry aged ribeye(

[tasty][tasty][tasty] my favorite steak hands down...i get all my venison smoked into slim jims keilbasa and hot stix but i'll take beef

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
IMO Bob nails it.

Some folks can't cook a poptart so why judge the poptart when its the retard in the kitchen that is at fault.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
As far as wild game game goes, nothing is better than squirrel. I've lost my taste for venison over the years, but still do eat it. Preperation in the field to plate is important. That being said I'll take a rib-eye any day of the week.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Ill take venison over beef any day.

I like red meat very rare, practically (and sometimes actually) raw. Hell,sometimes I have a piece of the heart or tenderloin as I'm dressing the deer out.

Try doing that with store-bought meat and see how fast you'll get sick!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts