New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all the early season hunters, if givin the chance would you want to kill a buck in velvet and have him mounted that way, or do you prefer hard horn and would you have it stripped by the taxidermist. I'm dyin to get a nice rack in velvet,

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
If I was given the chance to take a buck in velvet i would take it in a heartbeat and get it mounted with the velvet on by a reputable taxidermist so the velvet looks good.

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
I would love an opportunity to take a velvet buck, but only a mature good caliber buck.

I've seen only a few after opening day and most were only 6 or 7 pointers at best.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If I was given the chance to take a buck in velvet i would take it in a heartbeat and get it mounted with the velvet on by a reputable taxidermist so the velvet looks good
As long as it was something worth it like a nice 8 I would not take it in velvet if it was a 4 or a 6

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
No I would NEVER shoot a velvet buck. personal preference I want only mature bucks out of velvet. :)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Heres a nice velvet 10 point buck that I shot in September 2006 in Zone 9 that I have mounted in my new finished basement

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
if its on i want to keep it on......

But personally i dont like the look of velvet. ya sure it scores more but i dont care abput the score of my deer[up]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts