New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been to several butchers over the years and I don't like any of them. I prefer to do it myself but I live in a apartment and have no place to do it.

The worst thing I have about butchers is that I don't believe I get the meat from MY deer. One guy in particular I brought a large buck and later brought a doe. I got plenty of meat from the buck then got almost as much from the doe that was at least 75lbs lighter dressed weight.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Ive heard stories about different butchers over the years.Two things people should always take into consideration is how much damage was done by the shot or shots and how well the deer was handled before being dropped off in the first place.

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
I have never used a butcher yet. I butcher all my deer, and some of my friends, myself.

This year however I may face your predicement as well. In that case I would lean to having the butcher create more processed meats,(hamburger, sausage)etc, instead of roasts and steaks.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hey 230gr., Where are you located? I skin and quarter for a butcher in Passaic.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i have used butcher in whitehouse station over the years - he is a good guy and makes a bunch of different stuff - i do always wonder if you get your deer- if you go into the big freezers he has he has plenty of pakages of sausage, hamburger etc in large boxes

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i do mine own now. it's not hard at all. but if you don't have a place to do it then your kinda stuck.

·
Registered
949 Posts
There is a good butcher right off Texas road in Monroe/Englishtown. They used to be right behind All Season's Sports & Taxidermy Shop on Englishtown Road, they moved about a mile away. I have a business card somewhere and will post the name and number. The butchers all work for a large food chain, and do this for spare cash. They wrap the meat just as you would get it from a supermarket.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I hang em in the garage or shed depending on the temp. Skin and quarter outside then into the kitchen for the butchering. (right next to the skillet).:D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Titus - who do you use in Whitehouse - Bishop's Market or someone else? Never used to use a butcher but did this year due to limited time.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I FOGET HIS NAME RIGHT NOW BUT HE IS RIGHT IN WHITEHOUSE NEAR THE TRAIN STATION...(THIS IS KILLING ME)I HAVE USED HIM FOR YEARS...I GOT IT ROCHE & SON ..HE DOES ALOT OF ANIMALS AND HAS BUTCHERED, PIGS, COWS AND OTHER STUFF FOR MY FAMILY AS WELL

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks Titus. I know who your talking about and will give them a try this year.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
TITUS i took a deer there this year to get made into summer sausage...was very pleased..the summer sausage is great and they were very quick...i butcher all my deer myself but we liek to send one away to get made into jerky sticks and one for summer sausage and i would deffinately reccomend Roche

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
mitchells deer cutting in hawthorne nj is fast ans neat.. all meat labeled properlly no hair and they are fair in price 55 dollars.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts