New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So no riding in state parks, so only on your own land or get permission to ride on private property.
Also does it have to be insured, registration is a must. Any places to ride like atv clubs?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
go to pa or don't bother getting one. people call the cops any more as soon as they hear them. I believe there is a place in sj but I hear its not worth it because your just going around the same trails with a 1000 other people. it will be as fun as pheasant hunting on a wma this saturday

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I sold My ATVS and UTVs and bought a Harley got tired of the hassle in NJ . I used to buy my ATVs and Utv in PA and have them registered in PA . There are plenty of areas that are legal in PA. Some state parks , Allegheny national park was fun . SSRT is great place to ride also .You must be registered and insured . Went out to West Virgina ,pretty much whole state Atv friendly was great fun . The reason I gave up the trailering and gas prices seemed like every time I went to ride cost me 300 bucks in gas alone .I used to ride chatsworth ( NJ off road Park ) in south jersey great place to ride until the politicians,dep, protect a plant ruined that . This state sux for atvs or utvs not worth it and I really miss riding myself . If this state had any brains they should look at WV and see the money that can be made by legalizing some of the state (open space ) land that we pay for . WV has turned there economy around because of ATVs and UTVs. Areas that were basically poor and backrupted because mines were shutting down are doing great a lot better than NJ . Dumb ******** not so dumb ,had balls to take a chance and it paid off big . Took the mines that were going out of business and turned into ATV trails . The Harley is fun though . Good Luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dam...not gun friendly, not atv/utv friendly, Please tell me beer is allowed?or will I need a special permit for that. ...LOL
Coming from NH where all thing are fun guns, fireworks, atv's. Sounds like it'll be a different pace for me.....yeah.
Bow hunting on public land can't wait. Oh well could it get any worse.
Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Sorry XNHHUNTER ,We have good Beer just don't drive .The hunting season is good too . The fish and game do a good job as long as politicians leave them do there job . If your a resident now make sure you vote and write letters help get things changed . Live free or die don't work down here in the garden state .unfortunately

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Dam...not gun friendly, not atv/utv friendly, Please tell me beer is allowed?or will I need a special permit for that. ...LOL
Coming from NH where all thing are fun guns, fireworks, atv's. Sounds like it'll be a different pace for me.....yeah.
Bow hunting on public land can't wait. Oh well could it get any worse.
Thanks for all the info.
The people of NJ ruined it for themselves. U ever see what they do to public land(wma). They destroy it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry XNHHUNTER ,We have good Beer just don't drive .The hunting season is good too . The fish and game do a good job as long as politicians leave them do there job . If your a resident now make sure you vote and write letters help get things changed . Live free or die don't work down here in the garden state .unfortunately
Not a resident yet. We're going this weekend to check some houses out. Trying to fined something with some acreage or something that has nothing behind it. Swedesboro, Mullica Hill, Millville, and maybe Salem.

·
Registered
400 Posts
If you do get permission to ride on private property, get it in writing and keep it with you when you ride. Some municipalities have ordinances which give the township the right to confiscate and sell your machine if you're caught riding illegally.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Not a resident yet. We're going this weekend to check some houses out. Trying to fined something with some acreage or something that has nothing behind it. Swedesboro, Mullica Hill, Millville, and maybe Salem.
I live between Mullica Hill and the Salem area. Prices are very high for land/houses and if you are planning on hunting public land anywhere around the Salem/Gloucester county area, you are in for frustration at a whole new level. parts of Cumberland are bad too but when you get down near Millville, alot more open space, cheaper land and house prices and better fishing. You're near Union lake and the bay. In fact, I have the perfect place for you, check your PM's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.