New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ursus Americanus Nove Jersian; This sub species of North American Black Bear differs from the normal North American Black Bear (Ursus Americanus) by it size, range and habits.

Size differences, the "Jersey Black Bear" or as some fringe groups call them "dolphins of the woods", grow larger much faster, and some studies may even show sows become fertile sooner.

Range differences; While the American Black Bear usually has a range of 1 bear to several square miles, the New Jersey bear is just the reverse, in some areas ther can be several bears per sqaure mile.

Habits; NJ Black Bears have been seen to travel in almost a herd community. The mix may be mature bruins and cubs of either sex. There have been sighting of adolencent groups of briuns and sows, both single sexed or mixed groups. NJ bears also seem to show indifference towards humans at best, but many times seem more brazen as to seek out human areas as easy places to feed or den for the winter.

I was thinking of making this a Wikipedia page...
Anyone got thoughts?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was taking a page out the beartards playbook....
when you dont know...just make sh!t up. I just dont think the above is a rambling and disjointed as the crap they spout. [hihi]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts