New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPLAND HUNTING CLUB - MEMBERSHIP,

Wild Wings Hunt Club is a member-owned hunting club with 1100 contiguous acres maintained exclusively for upland hunting. The Club stocks on Saturdays AND Sundays from November through early March. Over 5000 birds (Pheasant and Quail) are scheduled to be released. There is no daily or season limit or a per-bird fee.

Wild Wings and its predecessor club have been in continuos operation on this property for 20 years. Membership is small and there are a few openings.
Members purchase a share in the Corporation much as they would in IBM or general Motors. This share can appreciate in value and can be sold, gifted or bequeathed.

The Club also has a new tower and has scheduled 6 Continental (Tower) Shoots for this season.

Interested parties should visit www.wildwingshuntclub.com for more information

·
Registered
432 Posts
Last year I inquired. They want 20,000 for the share.
Than every year they still charge you 1200. Also have to sell tickets for there yearly Venison dinner.
Way to rich for my blood.!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
The reason for the huge nut is that you actually own a share in the land they hunt - they own, not lease it, and likely have debt service payments (i.e., a mortgage) on it that they need to pay.

1100 acres in Burlington County ain't cheap nowadays!

·
Registered
267 Posts
WS:

About the only place now you'll get land for $20 an acre are Iraq, Siberia and Antarctica! Of the three, I think the hunting in Siberia's pretty good...;)

Tony

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
That's about the price of membership into Amwell as well. I looked into it a few yrs ago. A "bit" out of my reach. Especially since you have dues each yr at about $3000 AND you have to pay for each bird you shoot.
It is a great place to hunt though and the membership list has about a 7 yr waiting list.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To set the record straight, Wild Wings costs about $7,000 less than Amwell to get in. Also, the annual costs at Amwell are much higher than Wild Wings. There are other significant differences between the 2 clubs; financial, membership size, hunting opportunities, waiting list, etc.

Another huge difference between Wild Wings and Amwell is the recovery of your investment when you sell your share. Wild Wings actually allows you to make a profit where Amwell does not even allow you to recover your investment - not even close!

Wild Wings is NOT for everyone. The costs are necessarily high when you consider the value of such a large piece of property, managed for upland hunting with a membership of less than 40 people. You do the math.

Wild Wings members are not "high rollers". They are a mix of blue-collar and white-collar workers with a few retired people thrown in as well. We believe that this speaks elequently to the issue of affordability.

The principle advantage of a club like Wild Wings is the assurance of having a hunting property for as long as you live. Also, you may leave your membership to your kids.

Wild Wings is NOT for everyone but don't bad mouth it just because you may not be able to afford it.

Best wishes to all the upland hunters. May you find a great place to hunt. May your shooting impress your friends and your dogs impress even you. May your season be long and pleasureable and may you have many more of them!

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Wild Wings is NOT for everyone but don't bad mouth it just because you may not be able to afford it.
I wasn't bad mouthing it and was only comparing the supposed membership costs as they were stated here. If in fact Wild Wings is $7000 less than Amwell, then the share should be about $13000. Is this correct? Just trying to figure out the costs.
What are the yearly dues? Is there any charge for birds shot? Etc.

Everything that you said about Amwell is true as far as my knowledge goes. I've hunted there a few times and was interested in it at one point. The biggest issue was the one that you state, that being that you don't recoop your investment if/when you leave and you don't get to leave your share to anyone should you die. I didn't like the sound of that.

But it is a top notch place to hunt. [up]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TJC,

I did not at all think that YOU bad mouthed the club or the program. In fact, you come closest to stating the realities of belonging to a club like Amwell or Wild Wings.

Amwell is a great club and probably the oldest in the State. However, Wild Wings is not a newcomer either. Wild Wings and its predecessor club is in its 21 year. Unlike Amwell, Wild Wings has a very small membership. It is also a cooperative operation where the members participate in work parties to improve the grounds, conduct Tower Shoots (which keep the dues low) and other activities which bring the members together as a group of like-minded FRIENDS. It is a true "CLUB" not a commercial venture. No one in Wild Wings makes a penny from the Club. ALL money goes into operations and improvements.

Wild Wings does not have a daily limit or a season limit. Members do not pay extra for the birds they shoot; they are included in the dues. This year the Club will release more than 5,000 birds (stocking Saturdays and Sundays) and will hunt until mid March.

At the end of March, we will host the best Game Dinner in the State at an truly elegant venue. We will have about 275 guests and will serve professionaly prepared specialties, like Pheasant, Quail, Wild Boar, Rabbit, Goose, and, yes, even Venison - all prepared several differnt ways. There will also be a number of activities like a sports memorabilia auction, a wine tasting, and several other special events.

I wish I could invite everyone to the property for a Pheasant, Quail or Chukar hunt. You might then understand more fully why we believe that Wild Wings is such a great situation.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts