New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I think we should have an earlier season, but a month of bowhunting and four weeks of gun hunting would be too much. We want to control the population, not wipe them out. As for hound hunting, I do not think we have enough large parcels of public land to do this. We don't have the option of running a bear for several miles.

·
Banned
4,171 Posts
I think we should have an earlier season, but a month of bowhunting and four weeks of gun hunting would be too much. We want to control the population, not wipe them out. As for hound hunting, I do not think we have enough large parcels of public land to do this. We don't have the option of running a bear for several miles.
A month of bow and 4 weeks of gun would no more wipe them out than the unlimited does does deer. Bears are smart and would adapt just like every other huntable species.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Honestly, an earlier season is the only thing that would change the numbers. Bow or gun, I am mostly indifferent, but it would be interesting to bow hunt a bear.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
A month of bow and 4 weeks of gun would no more wipe them out than the unlimited does does deer. Bears are smart and would adapt just like every other huntable species.
Absolutely and it might just put the fear back in them of humans that is missing now.

·
Registered
10,374 Posts
Love Uncle Ted hahah... I could listen to his rants all day haha

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
I do not agree with the use of hounds for bear, just not enough room for it, one week of firearm is fine if moved a week before six day and a two week bow season in October or November will be fine to, just the fact we'd be hunting before the denning season will increce the harvest numbers.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Also open it to Sunday hunting as well.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Bravo Uncle Ted...right or wrong always telling it like he sees it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts