New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 31, 2009
Complete the Scholarship Application (on line at www.UBNJ.org)

UBNJ Wildlife Conservation Scholarship rules:

Application Submission Timeframe – April 15, 2009– May 31, 2009, Award announced by June 15, 2009, Disbursements to me made by August, 30 2009

Amount - $1000.00
Awards – 1

Eligibility Requirements:

Must be a current UBNJ member or Son, Daughter or spouse of a UBNJ current member

Must have at least a 2.5 Grade point Average

Must be pursuing a College Degree in the field of Wildlife Conservation

Recipients are selected without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, handicap, or national origin

All applicants must provide the following information:

Complete the Scholarship Application (on line at www.UBNJ.org)

Write the essay specified in the application

Essay Requirements:
All applicants must provide a written essay in a maximum of 750 words describing the following:

The applicants experiences in wildlife and any personal influences on his or her life

A short section describing a wildlife related topic the applicant feels strongly about

Expectations of achievement both personally and professionally in the field of Wildlife Conservation

To claim the scholarship award you must:

Provide a copy of your official transcript of grades (due within 30 after notification of award)

Provide proof of enrollment (due within 30 days after notification of award)

Award Collection: The UBNJ Wildlife Conservation Scholarship Award will be in check form made payable in one installment. The Scholarship check will be made co-payable to both the award recipient and your school. The check must be deposited through your school’s finical aid office. To claim your award you must sign the Scholarship Award Agreement, provide a copy of current grade transcript and provide proof of enrollment.

Current Grade Transcript is any unaltered document issues by the school that has the following four pieces of information

Your name

Your School’s name

GPA for most recent quarter/semester

Quarter/semester that the GPA is valid

Proof of enrollment is any unaltered document issued by the school that has the following four pieces of information:

Your name

Your School’s name

Quarter/Semester that you are enrolled

Number of units/credits that you are enrolled in

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
What about opening it up to other majors like Biology or Environmental Science?
[up]

i think that is a great idea...you will def get alot more people.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I think opening the criteria up a bit is a good idea. My daughter is planning on being an aquatic biologist, however she is only 11. A few years left until college. Hope the scholarship is around then. God knows I'll need every bit of help I can get.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Why limit it to biology. What about an education degree? Lord knows we need more teachers that are pro hunting and fishing and a PE degree might help expand archery in the schools.

·
Registered
747 Posts
$1000 Scholarship? Another great thing about UBNJ.

I think opening the criteria up a bit is a good idea. My daughter is planning on being an aquatic biologist, however she is only 11. A few years left until college. Hope the scholarship is around then. God knows I'll need every bit of help I can get.
Total costs for one year at Rutgers for an NJ resident was about $23K last year. Aquatic biologist? Sounds like she may want to be in the old Cook College within Rutgers .... add another $1500 - $2000 per year. And don't forget the new laptop.

Crazy, isn't it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts