·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Drag- you doin this one?

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah...not this year. I think Matty is though. I am managing potentially two UBNJ hunts in zone 5. Information will be posted on the UBNJ website. Plus, I do not want to take another member's "slot"...and only hunt less than a third of the time....know what I mean? Plus, UBNJ council members can only participate in 2 hunts per year.

http://www.ubnj.org/deermanagement.php

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I'll be hitting the Monmouth CBDM hunts this year.

Need a new stand -

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Those hunts are strict management. Doe and antlerless only; usually begin in January.

I'm hearing talk that they may consider a December Doe hunt.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
The Mountain Lakes Hunt nad the CBDM hunts are management hunts.

I don't know much about the Mountain Lakes hunt but UBNJ has set up limited access hunts for management purposes in other towns. No gun - all bow.

I believe it is part of the overall CBDM program.

County Parks in cooporation with NJ F&W have managemnt hunts on otherwise non-huntable areas.

For example: Momouth County Park system has managemnet hunts in Thompson Park, Hartshorne woods, and a few other areas. Battlefield has included their management hunt as specialized season zone*.

I believe the UBNJ plan was what got the ball rolling with the difference being UBNJ acting as hunt organizers and managers vs the park system utilizing CO's and Rangers. The park version also includes Shotgun and Muzzleloader.

I would prefer a bow only designation in the smaller zones, but they are moving in the right direction.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I dont know?

I contacted Dan several times, but we never got to meet up because of his schedule. I guess I could just show up at the meeting tonight, and bring all my stuff.[confused] I asked him, but he never got back to me about it.[confused]

What do you think Drag? Just show up at the meeting tonight, which is pretty far from my house, and hope that I can get in?

Im considering just forgetting about it. :(

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Bump moves the post back to the top of the homepage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts