New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sent in an application and was wondering if there any other members around. I would like some feedback about any of your experiences with the org.. I know they are doing alot for the bowhunters. Do they have any shoots or other events.

·
3,413 Posts
Forkhorn,

This is what we have up-comimg:

5/1 Bergen Bowmen/UBNJ co-shot in Mahwah
5/18 Warren County Membership Meeting @ Strictly Archey 7-9:30
6/12 UBNJ 3-D Shoot at Assunpink WMA
7/22 UBNJ Golf outing at Cream Ridge Golf Club
8/27 & 28 UBNJ Annual 3-D Jamboree at Assunpink WMA.

Come on out and have some fun & meet new friends.

Brian Dolobacs
UBNJ - Legislative Liaison & Mercer County Rep.

Other UBNJ members on the boards (sorry if I miss anyone):
Mysticguido - Member
Dragthor - Morris County Rep & Web Master
Bloodtrails - Sussex County Rep
Dirtfarmer - Member
and many more I'm sure!

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
UBNJ:

- working hard for Sunday Bowhunting legislation
- community deer management programs - Mnt. Lakes, Princeton, Monmouth County Parks, Duke Estates, etc.... many many others too.

Opening up more and more land to responsible hunters is awesome. A lot of people living in the neighborhoods are willing to allow you to hunt minus 450 ft. rule (just get it in writing).

All this for $20... plus you get liability hunting insurance!

·
3,413 Posts
plus you get liability hunting insurance!
On UBNJ sponsored hunts & 3-D shoots that is.

·
Registered
273 Posts
thank you for remembering me bacs..i'm looking forward to future hunts with ubnj...they're on our side forkhorn..can't go wrong!!

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
If you bowhunt in NJ you should be a member of UBNJ. Period. Nobody else is fighting for bowhunters rights like UBNJ. Worth every penny!

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
I'm a member...got the plates too. Membership fee is WELL worth the $20.00

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Im am sending in my application tomorrow. Met Pete Graziano (a morris county rep) at Black River a couple weekends ago. They seem to be a very active organization and are taking steps to help ensure the future of bowhunting in New Jersey. When one becomes a member how are hunters selected to participate in the hunts on the property that they are freeing up? Also I see one needs insurance to participate i these hunts...what kind of insurance are they talking about?

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
First, welcome to UBNJ.

I participated in the Mountain Lakes hunt last year. I had to fill out an application... pay $10 (I think)... then they have a lottery. When selected... I had to attend a mandatory orientation to review the rules (don't hunt there... hunt here... but not here) ... then I had to shoot a couple of arrows at a 20 yard target to verify I wasn't a strap.

·
3,413 Posts
you are insured automatically once you become an active member.
Individual Membership & life memberships only. In Family memberships only the person whose name is on the card is insured.

·
3,413 Posts
got the plates too. Membership fee is WELL worth the $20.00
Hell, having the coolest plates in NJ is worth the $20!!!

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
thanks for the info guys...I just filled out the app. and am gonna put it in the mail tom. morning. By the way how did the MOuntain Lakes hunt go for you and the other members? Were u successful? What kind of area did you hunt (public/private)?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts