New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard these terms before, but I have no clue what they mean. What's the difference between them?

David

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
normal rack ie 4 6 8 pt verse a rack that has some kind of odd points or beam

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would a buck that has 3 points on one beam and 5 on the other be classified as non-typical even though it has an even # of points?

David

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
Dave, all non typical refers to is any points not coming off the main beam in an up right fashion. It could also include split tines or stickers off of tines and 3rd or 4th main beams.

For record book consideration ( bow and arrow) all a buck needs is 1 inch of non- typical growth and be able to net 155 inches.
So a giant 8 point that nets 154 inches and has a 1 inch sticker can in essence be entered as a non typical. Not a great idea but it can be done.

G

·
I like the way BUCKMASTERS scores deer, they score every inch of antlers. P&Y, B&C deduct points, and I feel this wrong, the buck grew these antlers, and deserves every inch to count

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.