New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a API climber, I want to get a Summit climber this summer as a back up, I go from 20' to 25'

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
not sure what brand but i got it from the sportsman cataloge and it a climber / lounger it's to heavey for some of my of the beaten path trees so i'm thinking of a summit and i go anywhere from 20ft to 30 ft it all depends

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I bought a stand at the Suffern Show last year (don't remember the name). Light stand and easy to use. So far I have only gone about 15 feet, but that is all the trees in my area normally allow with a climber without trimming too much.

·
11,226 Posts
I have two climbers. One old plywood job I got as a gift but never used. I got a new climber last year for X-mas but haven't used it yet either and I found an old 16ft ladder stand in the basement of a house I bought that I use all the time. On the private piece I hunt there are wooden stands built all over the place and other areas I like I just set up the ladder stand.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I have a Summit Python and go about 20 to 25 feet high . I also have a few lock ons and ladders out . Not to happy with the ladder stands . I always seem to get busted when in one .

·
Registered
286 Posts
Fixed stands of different manufacturer,and climbing sticks, one tripod, and one ground blind. Use screw in steps only when we run out of climbing sticks. We hunt 20-25 feet. When it is possible, we prefer to put our stands in cedar or holly trees which I do not want damaged, so the climbing sticks are used there.

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
I use a summit viper to climb and have a bunch of gorilla stand and sticks...

I climb to about 18-20'
Sticks are 16' so stand is about 14-15'

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I use a summit viper for shotgun I like the shooting rail, a loggy bayou for the long hikes very light stand, also have a ol man for all day rut sits very comfey stand..20 - 25 feet depending on surrounding cover

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
huge fan of GORILLA treestands. the strap, not the chain. hook on the tree easier than any other stand.
i keep climbing until i hit cover. anywhere from 10'-20' (sometimes you have more cover down low. all depends on the surroundings)

·
3,413 Posts
(1) Summit Viper XLS
(3) Loc-On PS-III
(1) Loc-On Black Lighting
(3) Bear River something or others (still in boxes)
Sticks & steps (Lag with removable step)
from 15' to 20' more or less.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Summit bushmaster and and from 20' to 25' depending on the tree. I am thinking of investing in a portable loc on style stand with some sort of climbing sticks. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
2 trailhawks - love em, but cant fine them any more. couple of gorilla's - All hang ons. I lock them all with cable. It keeps the traspasser from taking them when they tressp [no swearing please] on your property. Normally 22-25ft. I have found the extra 5 feet makes a diference on getting busted.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts