New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At daybreak the cameraman and I were set-up on a longbeard I had roosted last night. We could see him on the limb along with a couple chicky babes.
I tree called to him in an attempt to get him turned on the branch and be faceing our direction. but he had the other girls on his mind. One of the hens pitched out, away from us and I was sure he was going to follow. I tree yelped one more time and he turned and flew down 40 yards from us. "You on him" I asked. "Got'm" Tom replied. I let him walk into an opening and squeezed the trigger !
HE FLEW OFF...! I was SHOCKED!! And all caught on video !!
After regaining my composure we drove to another location just down the road.Got out of the truck and made a call...A bird answered but we were both pointing in different directions !
I called again..He answered and this time we both agreed on the direction and set up.
Next time I called, multiple gobblers responded and they were definately closer. Two minutes later a Gobbler was walking around the corner of the stonerow and into the same barway that we were sitting in. 8 Yard shot....Lights out !
Another awesome morning ...God I love Turkey Hunting !

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Nice bird on a rainy day[up][up][up]

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
You are simply amazing Mike, AMAZING [up][up][up]
You seem to be able to pull birds out of, well, I don't even know where. Ask Sir James, I just don't know where the heck they are in my neck of the woods, well actually, yes I do, down on the elbow, the elbow that I CAN'T hunt [mad]

Congratulations Mike !!!

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
congrats on another nice bird...turkey god[up]

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
another bird for GG....whoopdeedoo

Lol just kiddin GG nice work yet again

1 - 20 of 30 Posts