New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
According to the Digest, If I am hunting in any zone under Regulation Set #7, during Permit Muzzleloader Season, I can shoot a doe, and remain in the stand and shoot another deer, be it buck or doe. I do not need to call the first deer in to get confirmation number first. Am I reading this correctly? Also during six day , if you have a Shotgun Permit, you may shoot two deer at a time, but only one can be an antlered buck. That would be a doe on the permit and an antlered buck on your license tag. Correct?

·
Registered
10,374 Posts
the way I read it is it depends on your regulation set and which season. for example in reg set 8 I see no mention of two at a time for fall bow or winter bow. I did see a note saying only 1 deer at a time in permit seasons unless you are in reg set 6 or 8. fall and winter it just says unlimited. correct me if I'm wrong (and cite the digest) but that means you can shoot unlimited does with a bow during a non permit season. two at a time in that set only applies to the gun seasons or permit bow.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
thats why certain areas of zone 2 i hunt suck . these are stupid don't make any sense regulations. division of fish and game mindset is just to sell as many permits as possible. point being high point state park . still selling permits and deer numbers are way down.

·
Registered
677 Posts
thats why certain areas of zone 2 i hunt suck . these are stupid don't make any sense regulations. division of fish and game mindset is just to sell as many permits as possible. point being high point state park . still selling permits and deer numbers are way down.
if they were just after permit fees why would they have unlimited does instead of selling doe permits ?

·
Registered
885 Posts
This is because the rules are to get all the deer out of NJ. These regulations are not to manage... NY's regulations are to manage, NJ's is to eliminate all deer.
That's just ludicrous. NJ is extremely densely populated both by humans and deer. The rules are to reduce the number of does there by reducing the overall population. Every mature doe can have 2-3 fawns and the hunting harvest numbers are no where near "elimination".

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JDH, two at a time does NOT pertain to Permit Bow. It only says two at a time for Permit Muzzleloader and Permit Shotgun. All the bow seasons in these zones are "unlimited antlerless" but you have to get a confirmation number after killing each deer before taking another. I do see how this would be very difficult to enforce, but that is my interpretation, as it does not say two deer at a time.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
That's just ludicrous. NJ is extremely densely populated both by humans and deer. The rules are to reduce the number of does there by reducing the overall population. Every mature doe can have 2-3 fawns and the hunting harvest numbers are no where near "elimination".
I hear it more and more everyday that the deer population is way down from a few different people who know what they are talking about. Plus I saw way more does last year in z12 than I am seeing this year.

NJ doesn't want deer that is a fact, ask any county and they want deer gone, that's why they have liberal laws. Look at NY, there is a lot of parts you can not even get a doe tag in and NY has a lot of deer in it. Suffolk Co, and Westchester Co. are deer meccas and you are only allowed 1 doe and 1 buck for bow, that is a far cry from NJ where you can shoot up to 4 bucks and unlimited doe.

NY is managing, NJ is eliminating...

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
where i am in zone 2 i can still see 20 deer in a 2 hour hunt, driving around at night you can wear out your breaks pretty quick as well. Then 20 minutes away a piece i hunt in zone 5 sometimes two or three sits no deer. A lot of different factors. One thing to remember is just because you can kill a deer or two every sit doesnt mean you have to and thank god not everyone thinks that way otherwise we do have the potential to put a serious hurting on the population, myself and those i share the woods with have the same mindset as fill the freezer then look for a good buck, not just kill to kill, that stage wore off when i was 15.

Reactions: REALTREE83

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I originally checked this out because the land I plan on hunting requires me to kill a doe before I can buck hunt. I do not have a cellphone with internet access, so I wanted to see if the doe had to be called in before shooting a buck. I did not want to talk on the phone while in my stand. This works out well for me as I can shoot , reload and wait for a shooter buck, without ever leaving my stand or talking. I am not looking to shoot a lot of deer and would not even shoot a doe if not for the landowners rule.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
I originally checked this out because the land I plan on hunting requires me to kill a doe before I can buck hunt. I do not have a cellphone with internet access, so I wanted to see if the doe had to be called in before shooting a buck. I did not want to talk on the phone while in my stand. This works out well for me as I can shoot , reload and wait for a shooter buck, without ever leaving my stand or talking. I am not looking to shoot a lot of deer and would not even shoot a doe if not for the landowners rule.
Does your landowner require that for every season? Or just the early season like the state?

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
According to the Digest, If I am hunting in any zone under Regulation Set #7, during Permit Muzzleloader Season, I can shoot a doe, and remain in the stand and shoot another deer, be it buck or doe. I do not need to call the first deer in to get confirmation number first. Am I reading this correctly? Also during six day , if you have a Shotgun Permit, you may shoot two deer at a time, but only one can be an antlered buck. That would be a doe on the permit and an antlered buck on your license tag. Correct?
Correct. I am in set #8 and that applies to me also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.