New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
latley i've been looking back on my life. i guess it goes with the age,but this birthday is really getting to me. how did you guys feel when turning 40?:(

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Plan a 'hunt of a lifetime' to celebrate! Give yourself something to look forward to instead of looking back.

·
Registered
751 Posts
happy birthday. I did it - it doesn't hurt ;)

I was just talking about this the other day with someone. I look forward all the time now. 40 helped me focus. I believe you need to do that and think about your health - all of our quality of life depends on good heath so if you're not in shape - get in shape - if you are - stay in shape. I think your physical fitness will do alot to dictate how you feel and what you can do as you move into middle age and beyond. I'm not talking about training for a marathon or anything but I think it's hard to decide when you're in your 50's that you want to get in shape. Bring good physical fitness forward out of your early 40's and fight hard to keep it - you'll age better and probably have a much happier experience in your 60's and 70's. I'm not a doctor but I do play one on television. :) Those are my thoughts on turning 40. Now go hunting.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
40 is no big deal passthrough. Hopefully your in a good spot in your life by then and you can focus on family, friends, enjoying life and spending more time doing the things you love, but weren't able to do when you were younger. We should all follow bgoods advice.
Happy Birthday!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Frank,

Stop being a BIG WUSS and deal with it!!!:D

It gets better and better every year after 40!!!

Just think you'll be able to retire in 27 years from HI and participate in a lot more hunting and fishing activities with the kids !!!

You should be getting near ready for dentures soon, so less visits to the Dentist....And, you can start wearing "Depends" soon, so less trips to the "head"!!!!

Hey, it's something to look forward to!!!:p:D[smirk][up]

Happy B-day, Buddy!!!;)[cool]

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys for cheering me up. by the way Jon you gotta give me the number for the discount on "Depends diapers"....LOL your to much..LMAO!!!!

Franco.:D

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
As we get older the years seem to go by quicker,thats life.my fathers still hunts at 79.I told him he should pack it it at 80 ,but if you can still do it what the hell.40 not so bad now is it ?

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Hunt as hard and fish as hard as you can while you have your youth cause its gone soon enough. Oh and take care of your body because when you get older and you don't then you will have to resort to other methouds of hunting that the young boys will frown on then.Such as baiting and let then come to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts