New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't want to hijack the turkey Newbie thread, but I'm hunting for the 1st time this year, too.

Shooting a Rem 870, what to use for turkey? Scope or red-dot sight?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm fine with using my bead... I just see so many turkey guns with red-dots. Or is that just marketing and hype?

·
Registered
140 Posts
you should check out the dead ringer sights as well. I was at a show today and they had them there and they are the real deal. Someone posted the web site on here a while back but you can just goggle it prob. I am not a fan of red dot sights, like mentioned above you can not go cheap with them and the cheap ones do not seem to hold true.

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
Everyone has an opinion so here is my 2 cents. I used two beads first on mossburg. I used two different scopes too. I have a red dot and will never use anything else again. The dot is precise enough and super quick. I know when 870 red dot is near the turkeys head he drops!

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
Is there something wrong with the bead at the end of your barrel? Sometimes less is more if ya know what I mean
I'll have to agree with you on this one. I use an "easy hit" fiber optic sight on my benelli SBII...its nice and red works find out to 50 yards for turkey deer or whatever

·
Registered
187 Posts
been there done that. if ur gona get a red dot make it aim point cause all that cheap crap aint parallex free. in other words if you move off center you will miss. with aim point the dot means drt dead right there

·
Registered
388 Posts
I like the red dot as the point of impact doesn't change is your stockweld isn't perfect. meaning that if you can't move your head around because the bird has you eyed you can still hit him if the dot's on the right spot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts