New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, how do you like to cook your turkeys? I just breast mine out, egg and breadcrumb them and then deep fry them. What are some other good recipes for breast?

·
11,226 Posts
I would love to share with you my favorite way to cook them but I HAVE TO KILL ONE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!![mad]
Soften 1/4cp. butter. Add 2tsp. dried rosemary leaves, 2tsp. dried sage leaves, 1tsp. salt, 1/4tsp. pepper, and 2cloves of crushed garlic. Rub onto skin and inside of skin of the turkey. Place 1/2 stick of butter inside the cavity of the bird for unstuffed. Place on roasting rack and cook at 325* (15-20min per lb.)for an unstuffed bird (20-25min for a stuffed bird). Tent with aluminum foil when bird becomes golden brown. "BAM!" Thats a tasty bird!...
Or if you don't have all day to cook just slice the meat into thin strips add some BBQ sauce and a little lemon juice and throw on the grill....
If you couldn't tell I like to cook...[up]

·
Registered
534 Posts
I've taken a bunch, and by far, the best thing is to smoke them. I take the whole bird to my butcher (who has a smokehouse), and he marinates it then smokes it. :D

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Smoke it... I like to marinated it in lemon juice for about 1/2 hr to 1 hr then pepper it then put it on the smoker and SMOKE THE HELL out of it.I have never smoke a turkey I have killed, but hopefuly I can this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts