New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No luck this morning. Tomorrow is another day.

We each saw a few deer. I saw a hen while walking out... and I heard a gobbler early at 5:30 AM. I was in a bad position... hopefully I can fix that tomorrow! [up]

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
No luck here either..The birds had lock jaw by me this morning...Nothing gobbling on the roost the woods were quiet..I had 5 birds coming in 4 jakes and a long beard...only I didnt know they were coming in..They came in with out a peep..So I got up to move to a differant location and I bumped into them..Oh well...Thats why it's called hunt"n" and not Kill"n"

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
It was windy and cold this AM. Saw a couple of hens early. Was able to get a couple Jakes attention with the call just before I had to quit, but they didnt show much interest. Got a couple more days this week I can try. This is my 4th year out. It'd be nice to finally get something. Even if I dont, its nice to be in the woods.

·
11,226 Posts
Well my first ever turkey hunt ended without a turkey but it was nice to be in the woods again. It was cold this morning! I saw a few deer and a couple of squirrels....I didn't see or hear anything that resembled a turkey except for Dragthor of course..:D Still have 4 more days so we will see what happens...I know the birds are there somewhere.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Went out this morning heard 2gobbles and the woods went silent. Every year this seems to happen,but all hell should break loose soon.I will be going out wed-fri,then up to PA.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JerseyJim and I got soaked this morning. When the rain died down a little... I gave a couple of loud yelps with the mouth caller. 5 minutes later I had 3 hens 15 yards from the end of my barrel. It was awesome.

I cannot believe they didn't see my eyes blinking or the steam coming out of my mouth (wet and chilly).

I was a full camo statue.

No gobblers chasing the hens.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Man i give you guys credit for being out there today. [up] it was pouring at my house. and i mean pouring.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
I cancelled todays hunt becasue it was suppose to rain. But in South Jersey, it was over by 4am. Oh well, i'm going to hit it the next 2 days and see what happens.

·
11,226 Posts
It was a wet one for sure... I didn't see a darn thing but rain! There is a turkey across the street from my house right now strutting his stuff for the ladies....Private property...Maybe he will cross the road for the morning hunt...[smirk]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts