New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now the season is coming to an end I think we need to start a "Turkey hunting Anonymous" chapter. LOL Not going to know what to do with my mornings anymore now I will not be on a turkey hunting binge. Gobblergetter, Ms. Grit, you in ?? LOL 1 st meeting Tue morning at the diner

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I'll be there. If I'm late order me an egg white vegetable omelette and a decaf coffee....[smoke][hihi][hihi]

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Count me in Bob :D
I think in the past 6 weeks, including my Saturday tag, I've only missed 4 days, and MOST days I was still in the woods when my cell phone alarm went off at 11:59 am. I have to admit at feeling very disappointed in having put in so much time and effort to have not had it work out better than just one bird for me. I did have some pretty amazing experiences though, only a few of which actually involved turkey's, so maybe this season was simply meant for me to have and appreciate those instead . . .

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know you hunted HARD! Not to mention starting in Alabama before NJ opened. Maybe you didn't fill all your tags but I know you enjoyed the time chasin after those turkeys. From hearing about your season the only bad part was coming out of the woods to a flat tire. But that had nothing to do with turkeys LOL

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Still a couple more days left in PA. This was my first season. I wasn't successful I learned alot though and really enjoyed. I'm hooked!

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
the only bad part was coming out of the woods to a flat tire
That too wasn't REALLY a bad thing as I came to find out that both of my front tires were worn just about down to the belts and the flat forced me to have two new front tires put on. Thank goodness for small obsticles and great friends willing to jump in a lend a hand when it was needed most :) And better that than a blow out with my children in the van.

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
First there is bow season, than shotgun,winter bow merges into trapping and predator hunting season, then turkey season. After Turkey season starts 'Sweety season'. It never ends!!! The best part about 'Sweety Season' is, I don't even have to get out of bed to be successful.:D
That reminds me....Better go get a dozen Roses tomorrow afternoon.!!!

I'm in for a post hunt get together. Do they have Turkey on the menu????[ko]

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
well bob season for feathers is done. but rodeo started last week for us. horses and cows will keep us busy all summer with pa cowtown and the weekend round robins

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
*******, let me know when he's at cowtown.
i also have to talk to you about the scents and my soap.

cowboy up!

Then I don't know what I will do??
go after some ground hogs and bull frogs. that my summer hunts.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Well next for me is groundhog hunting, and salmon fishing. Also need to chip away at the very long "honey do" list this summer. I hunted this morning and missed a long beard at 50 yards, so thats it for my season. I have a PA tag but I dont feel like getting up at 1:30 am and drive the 2 hrs it takes to get there.

Hang in there everyone its only 4 months till bow season[drinking][patcheye]

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Joe we have a wedding tonight so will not be there for the openier unless we go for slack. next week we are in pa then he will be back at cowtown.

I also have a box to make Bob really I will not be looking for things to do fishing when I can get out.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Why didn't you call me Bob? My parents were here and stayed an extra day. I'm good for tomorrow, any of you?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts