New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We saw some nice bucks yesterday on the board.

Be warm and water-proof out there today.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Think I'll sneak out a couple of minutes early today.I'll be on stand hopefully by 315 330

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Was hunting with BHC, BuckFever & Titus up in zone 4/1, Titus had to leave on Monday Night, He was the only one to take a shot at a deer. It is nice up there I think Next Season, I will do some hunting and a lot of scouting for deer & bear, Hopefuly for the 2006 Archery Bear Day. We didn't hunt today, but when we where walking up to get our stands we first saw a nice size yote..Then we found 3 different bear trax, BHC & Buckfever followed two sets of trax & I followed the other one.

It was great to hunt with others, SO I would like to Thank BHC for asking me to come and hunt, Buckfever for being a kool dude to hang with ( He keeped me laughing ) Titus for being the other new GUY...lol Titus is pretty kool too These where 3 great New Hunting Friends... CAn't wait till next hunt Guys.. And A Big THANK YOU SIR BROWNSTONE, for lettings me stay at your great House... I was 5 yards from a nice size DOE this morning, she had her Fawn with her. I am looking foreward to hunting with you oneday Brownstone.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Just returned from 6 in Jefferson Twp. Saw and heard NOTHING. Man it was a tad bit cold today too. I was on my lease with 4 other guys and while I didn't talk to them before I split - I didn't hear any shots - except some very heavy artillary going off at Picatinny.

Hope the weather is OK for tomorrow - I took the day off.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Hunted zone 12 again today, Whitehouse Station. Yesterday I saw about 30 does and no bucks, today at about 9am, I hear deer coming through the ceders, and I see 1 deer, a buck in the ceders, and another buck outside the ceders. I can't get a shot at the one inside, and the other stops right behind a bush at 40 yards and stands there for 30 seconds. I can't make out how big, but if he takes 1 more step he is in a clearing of about 10 feet wide. He takes off, I put the scope up and he is gone behind some other ceders, and I didn't get a shot. I wasn't going to shoot a 1 1/2 year old buck, but I wish I would have had the chance to look at him better.... Always the way....just 1 more step..... maybe Saturday...

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i hunted zone 8 tonight. i missed a 8 pointer. it was bigger then my 9 i took yesterday.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
i hunted zone 8 tonight. i missed a 8 pointer. it was bigger then my 9 i took yesterday
STAY OUT OF MY MINEHOLES [mad][mad][mad]

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
i didn't know you hunted in that spot. sorry tim.
No prob, someone has to be there,if not you I'm sure someone else would have moved in

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Tuesday 7:00am 30yards 1/4 away behind 3 trees,
Neck shot with Wincherster 1oz Slug...Distance travels 0 yards

8pt Pics to follow[up]

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Woj you scored on a nice deer yourself so Congratulations!
So far no one has landed the Monster that I have been after:D

Quick story on that Monster Buck...One of the guys that hunts with us saw the buck at the edge of the field when he was leaving during muzzleloader and ended up driving off the road and crashing his truck LOL I said to him...Ron you are an offical READNECK now:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.