New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out to range on wed. to try out the new choke and I was very impressed! I started out at 10yds. and worked my way out to 40yds. the pattern was so tight at close range I am glad I am using an O/U I figure I will put a modified choke in the bottom barrell for close range shots if I am lucky enough to get one. Here is a pic of a 40 yd. shot with remington nitro 2 3/4, 1 1/2 oz #5 shot Taken out of my 12gauge CZ mallard O/U with a Trueglo gobbler stopper choke tube. I took this shot in a sitting position off hand so its a little high and to the right but I think thats a hell of a pattern at 40 yards[hihi]

·
Registered
236 Posts
I like the idea of a double barrel for turkeys. A modified choke for that rare close shot and an x-full for ther rest. Right now I'll have to stick with my auto.

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
I've been useing the same choke for years in my Browning.

No reason to search farther.

Nice pattern...I wouldn't want to be the Thunder Chicken that tries to dodge that swarm of pellets !

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
About 30 If I was shooting off a rest it would have been alot more I shot a bit high and to the right. the 2 benches at the range were being used so I just set up my target and shot while sitting on the ground.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice just ordered that choke yesterday.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
1 1/2 oz of #5 shot. about 30 hits thats darn good to me at 40 yards. sitting on the ground would be where i would shooting from. i did my shot patterning at the range sitting,with my back against a cable spool(winslow range).

have'nt got 30 pellets in the head and neck. so far i've shot 3" rem hv magnum 1 3/4 oz copper plated #5 and 3" fed premium,1 3/4 oz copper plated #5 w/ flite control wad. both at 1300 fps velocity.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
how many hits in the head/neck region? hard to see in the picture.
rem870hunter, I think you really need get your eyes checked. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts