New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just saw one of our members was selling tires so it made me look at mine. well i need new ones. i have a chevy avalanch so the ones the member has will not fit...anyway. im looking for a tire (maybe a little knobby) that i will have no problem in mud or snow.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
yup bfg at ta ko or even the firestone dest at are not bad

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I had bridgestone duelers on my silverado. They lasted long ,were quiet and great in the snow.
Cooper makes similar tire,but a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
66 Posts
BF Goodrich A/T is the best all round for M+S, they have a 50k mile warrantee..my AV luvs'em..save $$$
look on ebay. I saved 400 buying them online,paid a hundred to get them mounted....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Is it your daily driver? How many miles a year do you log on'em? Can you deal w/ road noise? Do you go threw alot of mud?

There are plenty of options, Just need to get what fits your needs.

IMHO BFG's are overrated.

-FullChoke

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
the BFG all terrains are nice and good tire,

however, the Mud Terrain is a more off road look, while will resist wear far better than an average tire meant more for off roading.

I have had them on two trucks, and are good all year long. I dont go bogging, so no need for a tire of that nature.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ok, so no real mud holes or off roading to get to fishing & hunting access... If price is a factor, look into General Grabber A/T 2's. Great tire, same thread stamp as BFG, just half the price. If you want something nice, ProComp makes a great AT, or even their Xtreme AT, still a very road worthy tire.

I Travel less then 3k a year in my hunting/fishing/home depot truck, So I roll Maxxis BigHorn Mudders . Never been even close to stuck, but I deal w/ some nasty road noise.

Whatever you do, crank those T-bars and stuff some bigger meats under there!

-FullChoke

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
bridgestone duelers are very nice tire its all on in what u want to pay for ur tires and how u want to look. there is a tire made by nito i think there tread looks like flames. my brother owns a tire shop and all he runs on his and my trucks are the bridgestone duelers

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.