New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to hit the streams tomorrow for awhile. I'm going to give the Musky a shot in asbury and stephens state park. anyone else going out?

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i took off. we have our sonagram or ultrasound or how ever you spell it. i'll find out if i finally put the apple on the stem.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doesn't matter. the wife wants a boy for me but i told her it doesn't matter. girls can hunt and fish too.

she didn't like that responce tho...lol

she says fishing is okay but not the hunting...we'll see.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have you ever turkey hunted jim? i've never tried it. next year i'm gonna put in for a permit.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just had one of the best trout days of my life. i caught 30 trout. i caught all of them in Spruce Run Creek. i got 5 first then i got 25 in 1 hole right next to the toyota dealership right along rt31. the 25 were pretty much on every cast. the state must have dumped them right there. they were everwhere in this hole. the smallest one was about 10 inches but 95% of them were between 13 to 15 inches. it was insane. here is a picture of whats left of my spinner. notice it only has 1 hook left of the treble hook.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Hey Woj.... Do ya really have to tell everybody about the little honey holes in the Spruce run Creek[mad]? Let us original country boys have the few spots that we have left. Now allllll the city boys will be trampling up and down that creek. I was going to take you fishing farther up the creek and show you some good honey holes (ones with native browns that we catch and release everything out of) but now I can't because there wouldn't be any fish left....damn city implants:p ;)

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well dbuck, i don't keep any of the fish i keep. i might already know the holes you are talking about. i fish the creek from spruce run through lebanon. i fish it alot. i know what you mean about all the native browns. they are all over the place. sorry about telling everyone.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Hey guys, play nice now!!![smirk]

I solemnly promise that if I fish that area during stocking time, only fish from 8" - 14" will be kept -anything over 14" will be returned to the water immediately, unless bleeding.[up]

Note that ALL fish will be returned to the water outside of stocking period, that is prior to and after the stocking period. Native fish will all be returned to the water unless bleeding. [cool][up]

But on other non-hold over trout streams and rivers, I'm "meat" fishing right now, so anything from 8" - 16" is fair game for the skillet and/or smokers!!!! ;)

When I start flyfishing in June/July and in the Fall, I always catch and release, unless I want one or two fish for lunch or dinner. [cool][up]

Tight lines!!!!

JT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts