New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do pretty well catching Bass, crappie,perch ect... but, I have never been succesful with Trout. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It should be simple enough. Maybe it's cause I fish with a float, I don't know. Anyone have their favorite tips or methods. Thanks
MB

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
If your fishing a stream, I use size 12 or 10 hooks, the smaller the better, and bb size splitshots. those work if your using live bait or eggs, use rooster tails, colorful, for spinners

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
LOL!!!!

man i wish i did. I waiting for the day you and me go fishing Jim. The challenge remember?

:D

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i have turf everywhere. the only river i really don't fish is the rockaway. i'm a big creek guy. i have alot of little creeks i kill them in as well. so you tell me where when the time is right.

moohahah!!!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Did I hear fishing challenge?

I fly fish, got room for me?

·
11,226 Posts
Thats fine with me but the catch is you get to use one lure and one lure only! Your best trout catcher and there is no changing mid-stream (no pun intended)... different size is ok with me but has to be the same color and pattern! We have to check with Woj on that rule....sound good?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
That is fine with me, I catch 90% of my NJ trout on the same nymph.

So when and where??

dan

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
you guys ever fish the claremont stretch? is that open year round? alot of small fish there but some real nice ones too. you can go there and pull in 40 to 50 trout. it's like every cast. even in the slow water.

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Whats the sense being polish if you don't prove it once in awhile:D:p

I am a polock

Can I use a minnow???[sad]

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
I think I need to get into this challenge...You guys got room for another pollock?
Its good to see a few fellow Pollocks here.

So where is this challage going to be taking place agian?
I'll bring my secret weapon.Oh and don't mind the loud explosions and smoke I swear it isnt dynamite:D

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I'm another Pollack, and I want in on this challenge, also!!!!!!

Anywhere upstream of Ken Lockwood Gorge is fair game to me, but if my fellow flyfisherman from Shannon's Fly & Tackle Shop in Califon catch me with a spinning rod in my hands in that section of the river (it's legal to fish w/bait or lure/artificial there, but is taboo amongst flyfishermen, especially if you're a "wormer"), there may be hell for me to pay!!!!:)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts