New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been out?

I'm still catching trout in rivers/streams that would have long been dead in summers past. This cool weather and frequent rain has made for a long trout season.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
This cool weather and frequent rain has made for a long trout season.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm actually going to try to get out on the south branch for an hour or two before work tomorrow. I'll let you know how I do.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
i was out yesterday up in walpack on the flatbrook. Caught 7 on the fly rod from bout noon to 5pm. (kept 4, released 3) Was using dry flies in a big pool in a fly only zone. Went out last friday after work too down by where the old mill was in flatbrook and hammered them. There is still tons of fish out there. Esp in the fly zones in a few big holes towards layton theres got to be at least 2-300 fish in each hole.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
It definitely has prolonged the season, hit the Musky yesterday, river in great shape. C/R 1 rainbow and two brookies. Hares ear and prince nymph size 14.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I just went today and got 3. I usually stop by now, but with the cool weather I am still going. The fish by me have moved to where there is less foot traffic into some nice holes, but there are still plenty out there.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The trout have been good this year, still a ton of fish. I think all the high/muddy water during all that rain kept alot of guys from going, and catching all the stockies. The hatching has been slow, but try Prince Nymphs, I know they don't look like any thing but they seem to be the ticket now.

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One of my top 5
What are your other 4?

I'm just getting back into Fly fishing, PT Nymphs, Copper Johns, Elk hair Caddis and bead headed black buggers have been my go to flys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts