New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to try out trout fishing this spring, and am having a hard time figuring out which waterways are closed on the day they are stocked.

On page 18, under "2012 General Trout Fishing Information", it says that waters stocked with trout are listed below (those without in-season closures) and on page 20 (those with in-season closures).

So the first list, on page 18 & 19, is supposed to be the waterways with no closures. Sure enough, the heading is "SPRING TROUT STOCKED WATERS WITH NO IN-SEASON FISHING CLOSURES". Then the digest reads "after opening day, these waters are closed" from 5am to 5pm on the day of stocking. It then lists numerous waterways by county. Is the "are closed" a typo? Shouldn't these be the waterways that are not closed?

On page 20, it seems to list the waters that ARE closed...as if the waterways on page 18 and 19 were supposed to say NOT closed.

hope this makes sense...just don't want to be fishing when/where i'm not supposed to

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Read the signs. All stocked areas will have a closure however there are rivers with trout conservation areas that preserve natrual trout im not sure of there regs but there will be posteds along the shore at public access.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Is the "are closed" a typo?
NO, NOT A TYPO! The water is closed on the day of stocking from 5am-5pm. So if I'm fishing the Musconetcong on a Friday (which is a stocking day), I have to wait until after 5pm because the river is closed to fishing from 5am-5pm on Fridays. The CO's will give you a ticket, even if you tell them that some idiot on NJH told you otherwise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts