New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately wife won out and I am moving my trophy room into my detached garage. The walls are sheet rocked and half of garage is framed and sheetrocked for dogs to come in from kennel. Kennel half has a kennel heater and is insulated. Rest of garage is not heated and ceiling is not sheetrocked. Did have a lot of mouse droppings last year in garage.

Question is how bad is this for mounts?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
mice will tear them the hel up, especially over winter. as for temp differences summer/winter, ill leave that for a taxi man to answer

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I have the same problem,, I'm actually starting to overflow into the garage with some of the older/smaller heads,, I think they'll be fine hung up but refuse to take my bear rug out there or any mounts on bases, They will surely get chewed up

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Well I gotta say sorry guys... I have mounts all over my house and they are staying... They are staying too.. my girl got mad cause I didn't down a bear again this year... She wants me to get the full mount for the living room.:D

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I have deer heads, a full body bear mount in the living room. Explain to her how expensive mounts are and you don't want them ruined.

My wife decorates the mounts for the holidays.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Love the bear. Very funny. But on a positive note I have about a dozen deer mounts in the garage. They are above the garage door on three walls. Have had some mice problems but only on the floor and in the cabinets in the garage. Set 4 mouse traps, killed 2 mice in 20 minutes and have not caught any more mice in weeks.
As for the mounts, never a problem with cold weather, mice have never gotten to them or ever showed an interest as far as I know. Make it your "man cave" and tell her to keep out!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.