New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
I brought the summit VX5, I don't care for it. I love my API Grand Slam Magnum Supreme. Matter of fact my friend is friends with this guy who has 2 of them, he doesn't hunt anymore, Im buying both of them off him for $200:D:p[up]

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I have used Loggy Buyou treestands since 1988 and love them and feel very safe in them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I have the API extreme bowhunter. Great stand but it doesn't accept the shooting rail attachment. What don't you like about the summit? Its gotta be quieter then the API's though right?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have the new loggy transformer? Was looking into it. If so hows the shooting rail on it? Its adjustable right?

B

·
0 Posts
i think they are equel in the quiet department. I dont care for the seat that much, I feel Im on a incline, I dont care for those stir-ups, I have short legs, feel like Im fighting the stand. The summit is lighter by far. I have a brand new summit VX5 never used, I tried my friends VX5 and I said my summit will collect dust. I climb like a tree rat with my API, and its rock solid

B

·
0 Posts
Brownstones has the API and the Summit VX5, he said the API digs into the tree better then the Summit

B

·
0 Posts
just be careful please........I did like the loggy, but after getting my API and haveing the rails in front of me and on sides that made me feel safer, I could take knapp and not fall out[up]

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
I have a tent & a warm sleeping bag, I camped out in Korea, in the winter when I was in the Army, Also in Idaho in the winter. I do feel the cold more now, but I can stay warm in a tent.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I recently purchased a Loggy Bayou Transformer. Previously I had an old Warren & Sweat with the boomerang around the back of the tree.

I knew that the cable treestand would be eaiser to set up, but it never occured to me that it would be difficult to climb with compared to my old stand. The boomerang grips the tree front & back so it never slips. You can disconnect your feet and drop it and it will barely move. With the cable it doesn't firmly grab the tree untill you set it with your weight. Another thing I don't like about the cable stand is that when climbing or packing the cables rattle inside the square tube.

On the positive side the LBT is much more comfortable once up in the tree causing me to stay on stand longer. The seat on the W&S is a slightly padded board. It is less comfortable so I actually stand more, after all it is a tree STAND. The old stand relies more on screws than welded construction. As a result unless you frequently check the tightness of the screws it creaks. That to me is the most important issue. Losing a shot oppertunity because the stand made noise when I shifted my weight would be a disaster.

Since the old stand is a pain in the a#$ to set up and I don't really care that much if it gets stolen, I leave it hooked on a tree sometimes for weeks. I will probably do that for muzzle loader once I decide a location.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts