New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought permanent tree stands were illegal in New Jersey. I have been scouting Colliers Mills and Manchester WMAs for a place to bow hunt next fall and come across quite a few permanent stands. What's does the regulations say? If it's illegal what are all these doing there?

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Mike, you finding new ones in the Mill? I find alot of old ones, not many that are still in use...or at least aren't safe to use. It is not legal to build permanents on the WMAs as far as I know.

G

·
They are illegal, you either saw very old ones, or if they are fairly new, some jerkoff bulit them. I normally take them down, no need to have jerkoffs in the woods

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not talking about old ones. I found most (new ones) in the Zone 17 section of Colliers Mills. I thought you were not even allowed to use screw-in steps (tree damage).

·
Banned
1,192 Posts
Do not get caught in them or you will take ownership of them according to fish and game.You can not even put screw in steps on state lands.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Perms are deffinately illegal to construct on state land not to mention after the first season are they really still safe?...have climber will travel!!!

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Yes permanent stands and screw in steps are illegal. If you leave your climber/portable on public property dont be surprised to find it missing the next time you go in. Earlier this year at a WMA I hunt I came across a ride on lawn mower that someone either left or put there as a prank. havent been back to that piece since before 6day but i wouldn't be surprised if it was still there.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
BHC question are really good enough to find the stash? Seems you might be to busy posting with 4288 how would you have time to go to court?:)HeHe

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I've found permanent stands in the woods as well, which are totally illegal. I've even met the guy who uses one of them and had mentioned that he is illegally hunting in the woods. He didn't care.

But to answer your question, permanent stands are illegal as are screw in steps.

David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts