New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
they have one if the fall ,I just dont know when ,I think they go by demand on these ,I have to say my bubbies and I took it in the spring and it was the best class I ever took ,I went in expecting a waste of time class and came out thinking I dont know as much about the woods as I thought ,******* and his group ran it and did a great job .I think the fall one is up north

·
Registered
515 Posts
I took the class early in the Spring ran by ******* and it was great. Check or email NJ game and Fish, they can tell you when. I think the next one is up north jersey coz the last one was south.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
it was the best class I ever took ,I went in expecting a waste of time class and came out thinking I dont know as much about the woods as I thought ,******* and his group ran it and did a great job .

thats what we like to hear. it was worth the trip down south for the class. even though the titty bar was rough.[hihi]

the best deer hunters think they know the woods. trapping is a total different mind set.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
even though the titty bar was rough.
I could get used to the no teeth but the inbread look has to go ,lol.
the best deer hunters think they know the woods. trapping is a total different mind set.
no joke

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Catfish you aint right in the head LOL by the why they have at least one tooth![eek]

Mid sept for the first north class and last week end of oct for the second class central will be 3nd thursday and sun of oct and south will be last thursday and sunday of oct. 1st sunday of nov will be a trapping convention down in the south and I believe the second sun of oct will be the trapping convention up north. Plots or Gobbler correct me if I am wrong on the north convention.

You boys do your self a favor before you come. look at gobs and ub pics. as a trapper you are trying to get a critter to walk thru a loop in the middle of a 100 acre field or woods. or convince a critter to go into a cage that does not belong there, or a muskrat to swim into a coni in the middle of a swamp or meadow.

If you have never trapped before this is a whole new world that you have never stepped into. and as a trapper it will make you a better woodsmen. you will see things that you never noticed before that was alway there. You have to find that needle in a hay stack.

I have not trained any new guys in a few years for my wildlife control jobs, but the first day they are on the job we start of with pulling up to a big field. I look at them and say go find me a hair:) The first look is alway[eek] after 30 mins they are[wallmad] then I will go and with in a few mins find one;)and they look[confused] As a fur trapper you will have to be able to find that one spot to hang that 7 inch loop for a red fox. so if you are going to take the course this fall, get a jump and read every trapping book mag web ect. talk to trappers any thing to get the edge on this fall. because when the classes are held it does not leave you much time for preseason stuff Nov 15th is our new years [rofl]

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Here ya go...A little tease to get ya though the summer ! :D

The tracks show you where the snare was set.

Always be curtious and explain to them the facts of life..

Some of them ...You will do a huge favor..

Some may not even be there when you get there.
(excellent snare locations)

Always set more then one snare whenever possible.

I like to pal around with them for awhile..Hung out..Talk about Turkeys and such.

Some are better listeners than others.....

And some don't wanna hear it at all !!

Tiretracks are a great spot to set..
Here;s a RedFox/GreyFox double!

Black Coyote

before...

After...

Good Luck with the courses !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.