New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went trap shooting at Black River today with my father and brother. i did the best out of the group today by shooting 90% and my dad and bro tying at 89%. first time i outshot them ever. i also got time to walk in the woods and take my new hunting dog out for a walk. my dad bought some pheasant to train my dog with. boy did my dog go crazy. she was finding them like they were nothing. i have some pics from today. they arent any action filled pics. there just some pics to show how my day was. i also found out something odd about the trap shooting area of Black River. has anyone ever seen sheep/goats on the way into the trap shooting area? i saw some today and have enclosed a picture of them.

p.s. dragthor i passed out alot of business cards today to some trap shooters and bowhunters. somebody put some cards at the kiosk there already so i put a few more since there was like 3 left.

sheep

my dog

dad trying to maximize his chances of hitting a clay

(left to right) browning auto 5, my side by side, brother"s over and under, and the 20 gauge remi pump.

dog pointing pheasant

dog pointing pheasant again

a tired dog

·
Registered
587 Posts
The goats & sheep are there to eat the so called envasive weeds, so the endangered "bog turtle" can do his thing. The DNR has a deal w/ farmers or owners of the sheep to use them.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
You shoot a side by side (SxS)? Nice to see a guy with class! And you took high honors to boot.... What kind of shotgun is that?

Two years ago I was leaving the archery range there at Black River when I saw this HUGE bear in that open field next to the sheep pen. Once again camera-less!

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a 12 gauge IGA sise by side. it shoots nicley with a little bit of a kick. my brother shoots a 12 gauge stefano fausti over and under. my dad shoots a 12 gauge browning auto 5 (the thing kicks like hell). the little gun is the gun i started out with. its a 20 guage remington youth model pump. ive always wanted a side by side. i just got it last year. thats awesome that you saw a bear there. if i did, id take a picture but i didnt even see any deer. probably hiding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts