New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was curious how many guys leave their cams out all year long? If you don't when do you put them in woods and take them out? I never used a cam before this season and just brought a second cam because I think they're cool:D. I plan on leaving them out all year to see whats happening.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I left em all year last year saw more wear on my cams and didnt collect enough info from them so now im not going to putthem out until mid july and then ill jeck them first week in september.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
I run some cameras during the spring and summer. I do this over food sources, watering holes and mineral sites. Rarely do I camera a trail or fence crossing, for example, until closer to the season.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
This will be my first year leaving them out all year...I usually pull them after the season but I've decided to put 8GB cards and lithium batteries in them and I will focus on funnels between bedding and feeding....I pulled two cams but will still run 2 others

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What kind of security you guys using on your cams? I have a lock box and a cable for the box. I was thinking of using the cable to lock the box to the tree and then a shrouded lock for the box. Not sure if that's over kill. If someone wants it they are going to get it figured I would make it a difficult as possible.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
What kind of security you guys using on your cams?
I have a lock box that has 3 6" lags holding it to a tree then a cable lock holding the lock box to the tree then I have a shrouded lock on the lock box.

But the best thing I do is place a well hidden cam high in a tree watching over the lockbox.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
We'll have ours up all year. Pulled them to clean em up, replace batteries and they'll go back out this weekend. I like to know what's lurking in my backyard.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.