New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda of a dumb thing but i was wondering if anyone has had an issue with wild game cameras not taking pictures, Its a new unit it seems to be mounted ok and seemed to have been working fine and the last couple of weeks it dosent seem to be taking pictures, the red light flashes seems like it works, i got it to take a pic waving my hand in front but yet i didnt get any pics on there to see where my corn went lol and there is a ton of deer shit infront of the camera. its about 3 feet off the ground about 15 yards from the feeder. Does anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Make sure you're using SDHC cards and not the standard SD. Also, try to angle the cam down slightly by putting a stick behind the top of the cam. That worked for me.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Isn't there a setting too that let's you set the sensitivity? Perhaps you have it with too low sensitivity? Try to set it to the highest sensitivity and see if that help??

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I didnt see a sensitivity setting and its one of the newer micro models
Nothing in the settings about "PIM" or "PIM Sensor"? that's the setting, at least in some WG cams. I know the two I have have "PIM" that you can set low, med, or hi. I forget which is which - I think "hi" means high sensitivity to any movement so you get more pics.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I just had an older one die on me that I had for about 4 years with it being outside year round*We went away for a couple weeks on vac. and when we got back I decided to check the pics*There were only about fifteen and should have been a hundred or more and the first thing I noticed was the date and time were way off*Brought the camera into my house and thought maybe it was the c cell batteries or the card*Put in new batteries and card and when I started going through the reset steps I noticed it would freeze up after the third step*Tried about 3 more times with same results*Decided it was done and just bought a new Spypoint to try out*Also have a Moultrie that has been working great so far*

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
low batteries cause problems with most cams. checking the pir is set on high and aimed correctly is good advice. most cams do well lower then higher on the tree. spread the bait out so the deer move around more will help too. some cams just dont fire on slow moving deer. i doubt its the card since it took a pic of your hand waving.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
new batteries?!! don't mis match use a new card or format!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the replys i will double check the and see the pir settings that could be it i rotate the same 3 or 4 cards through all my cameras and the battery level is good.

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
I had nothing but bad experiences with wild game cameras. I would never buy another.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If everything was set up correct with good batteries you might have a lemon, I would try and get a new one from where you bought it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts