New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to look at a piece of WMA land in zone 8 yesterday. My buddy came along as well. we were walking around first just looking to find the state signs to figure out the boundries. We found every sign on the ground under the tree they were posted in. This pisses my off. The property next to it is a gun club of course and it's obvious that they went around and pulled all of the state signs off so people can't see the signs. we just walked around the private posted property and kept finding the state signs on the ground. The state sends state workers there to post it and signs are not cheap and this club can just rip them down. that sucks! i think the state should go after clubs that do stuff like this and fine them. the property looked real good. i might try to do some hunting there this season if i can get out some. [mad]

·
Registered
568 Posts
Woj,
That really sucks, I would not leave a treestand in there if they are ripping down signs they would probaly rip off your stand.[down]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i found one Loc-On stand on the state property. the club is from Little Falls. FG&W spend time and money on posting and this club just does what they want.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
About leaving tree stands, gear of any kind on state lands. Last year a friend left a small boat on a WMA, someone took it. So he reported it & was told " it is considered abandoned if left on state or county lands". The police didn't even fill out a report.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i know you are not allowed to leave anything at a WMA. This stand was locked up but i have no idea if it was just put there or leftover from last year. But still you are not allowed by law to leave a treestand overnight on any WMA.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Woj, did you call fish and game to let them know that the signs had been ripped down? I would call them, and I would let them know the name of the club that borders the state property. I can't stand that sh!t. I had about 100 acres of private prop. in Mt. Olive several years ago. We had the property posted, and every week of hunting season we would find missing signs. Turns out that locals riding dirt bikes and quads were responsible. I know this because I caught them doing so, while I was in my stand hunting one morning.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just got off the phone with someone from FG&W. I emailled them the other day and they are already looking at this problem on that property. I'm impressed. they got right on it. [up]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts