New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I've heard its the "in" thing to do for execs to have animals hanging in their office. If thats what they want to do, I'm not going to condemn it. Im actually sort of encouraged by it... if hunting is gaining acceptance among the yupee non-hunting crowd, so be it, it makes it easier on those of us that actually do hunt. Its not for me however, the only things that will go on my wall are animals I've taken.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
interesting how non of the Whitetail bucks are above 150". Also wierd as to how they got the racks. Most of the racks in the show rooms are local record bucks that they paid a hunter for and had a replica mount done for the hunter.

Whats wierd? That you once sold your buck possiably to to Cebelas and now its being sold to someone else.

I agree that its good that its not seen as a bad thing to have a trophy class quality mount in an office or den.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
reasonable prices. I would think it's a good idea for a business such as a bar or restaurant.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
If I had to guess I'd say they weren't real antlers. One must question their definition of "authentic". yu would be surprised, my dad has sold about 20 mounts for up 700.00 and this was back in the 70's.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Outdrdave... they are probably all replica mounts with antlers made of resine. The only thing natural about them is the fur.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
good idea for a business such as a bar or restaurant.
That's what I was thinking, beats looking at old license plates. Wish they had a 9'+ reared-up brown bear for my living room, my wife's birthday is right around the corner.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
for each his own. Great idea for someone looking to furnish a office or home and they don,t hunt but support it [up]

I thought there was laws against selling deer antlers and things of that sort??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts