New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back a while ago from the Fish and Wildlife game code meeting. Some observations...

Larry Herrighty did a great job moderating the meeting. Larry kept the speakers for the most part only talking about the game code amendments.

The anti's like to applaud each other after they speak. After the first speaker, Larry threatened to have people thrown out if they applauded again.

However, he did let some folks ramble a bit too long. But that may have been to get them on record with their lies and hysteria.

I kept a tally of speakers, sixteen sportsmen and seventeen anti-hunters and animal rights people.

Of the total people in attendance, there was only eighteen ARA's/anti-hunters there (They all sit together).

There was no bus.

There was at least a dozen maybe 15 sportsmen there that didn't speak. Not a great showing for the number of sportsmen and women in New Jersey.

The usual cast of characters were there.

Doris Lin
Janet Piszar
Angie Metler
Barbara Metzler
and the park ranger from Yellowstone National Park.

Some of the interesting quotes I was able to quickly jot down from the other side...

"Animals are citizens."

"Having to wear blaze orange on a hike is against my rights."

Speaking against the NRA... "With Obama being preident, hoping we'll have a kinder nation."

"Hunting endangers the entire community"

"Ninety-nine percent of the citizens....blah, blah, blah, ad nauseum."

"The game council is made up of hunters...blah, blah, blah ad nauseum."

"There aren't bears in all 21 counties. I'm from Gloucester County and I've a better chance of seeing the Jersey Devil than a bear." (It's Camden County, but I'd like to show him the bear scat and claw markings I found in Westville recently.)

"Children under the age of 18 shouldn't hunt. Many get killed."

"I'm the voice of the innocent four-legged bears."

From a woman who said she was a nurse and was about 150 pounds overweight. She stated that because she was a nurse, she HAD a DUTY and a RESPONSIBILITY to advise everyone on what to eat.

"Eating game is no good for you. It contains parasites."

"Killing is not recreation."

"My daughter was almost killed by a by an arrow."

"The game code is illegal."

"The ACLU has been contacted to represent the 99% of New Jersey's citizens that love our wildlife and don't want to see them killed."

"Animals should not be state property."

"Game code is a code on injustice."

Most of the ARA's spoke against the bear hunt. One woman said she lived in bear country but never sees and bears. Well, how can you claim to live in bear country then?

One woman receited every mammal, including moles and voles, and every winged animal as "being their voice."

The very best quote of the night was spoken by a sportsmen, who admittingly was uncomfortable speaking in public. This gentleman wasn't affilited with any organization, but his last sentence was...

"This anti-hunting and anti-gun stuff is just un-American."

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Thanks for the report. [up] Shows what type of lunatics we're up against.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
From a woman who said she was a nurse and was about 150 pounds overweight. She stated that because she was a nurse, she HAD a DUTY and a RESPONSIBILITY to advise everyone on what to eat.
Classic....did she take a smoke break? [hihi]

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Dang really wish I was able to make it now,I could have discredited that whole thing.How all animals get parisites,just farm animals are treated with chemicles to get rid of them.That in turn leaves us ingesting the chemicles. Cooking destroys the parisites. It pays to be a farm boy from another state at times.call me ******* whatever but i have alot of experiances and knowledge these anti's don't want to be let out,thats even if their small,one track ,closed minds even know about them.

although it would have been hard for me to keep my mouth shut on her weight,and self righteous behavior.

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Being there in person is kinda like attending a Comedy Club. It was really hard to keep from laughing out loud at some of their comments. 99% of the Hunters there supported the Proposed amendments as they were written.
It would have been nice to see a better turn out on our side. Considering we are 600,000+ strong, 15 Sportsmen speaking is a VERY small showing.
But the Sportsnen that spoke in support of the Game Code, did so in a calm professional, respectful manner [up][up]
I guess the busses got lost on the way to the meeting :D

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
The most important thing to do at these game hearings and meetings is to talk to the press. The anti's have gotten good at it. A few sportsmen have as well but we need more. The F&G Council already knows these people are lunatic terrorists, it's up to sportsmen to show everyone else.

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
The game council is made up of hunters...
from some of the meetings i went to this is partially correct

i wouldnt show up to any meeting of game codes as they are already written before you go..its a waste of time....did jeannette tell everyone how excited she was that she could use a crossbow now[eyeroll]

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
The code is written for SOME sportsmen and it is very hard for the many other sportsmen and conservationists to disagree with it publicly without looking like they are siding with the antis.

Lets face it the F+G council is part of a broken system.

Attendance from sportsmen is low for the very reason that if you oppose you have no voice and if you’re primary interests are covered by having joined a club than by LAW the council works for your interests so most of what you want is in the bag.
There is no debate as we have learned and science by what definition?

Additionally most "Sportsmen" WORK for a living and if you ARE working chances are you are forced to pick up the slack right now from those who have been let go or lost to attrition.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Attendance from sportsmen is low for the very reason that if you oppose you have no voice and if you’re primary interests are covered by having joined a club than by LAW the council works for your interests so most of what you want is in the bag.
There is some truth to that John but I think you've over complicated it.

I think most sportsmen don't even know there is a gamecode meeting.

Accept for sportsmen like yourself that have volunteered considerable time and efforts and know the legislative and political workings of our state.

That is why you see the same people at all the meetings and events.

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
are they enacting the phone in or computer deer check? Any discussion on the subject?
No public discussion on it. But I brought it up to several Council members after the REGULAR Council meeting earlier in the day. I expressed our UNIFIED support of this idea. I get the feeling that it will happen, when is the question...........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.